Tuna Salad Recipe with Corn and Pineapple
This wonderful recipe combines tuna and pineapple with rice, parsley, corn and more. Some of the mayonnaise in this recipe can be replaced with sour cream if you like, or even plain yogurt. This recipe makes enough for four generous servings so adapt the quantities accordingly if you are feeding a crowd. This is a very simple recipe and even beginners will find it easy to make. This tuna salad recipe combines classic flavors like tuna and pineapple, and the corn kernels are juicy and delicious as well. Leave out the pineapple for a less sweet tuna salad recipe, but the fruitiness does go beautifully with the tuna flavor and a lot of fish recipes, both hot and cold, are served with fruit or with a fruit salsa or sauce.
A lot of recipes will advise you to only use fresh ingredients for the best results and, whereas that is correct for some dishes, the same does not apply to the following tuna salad recipe. Most people would not want the bother of cooking their own corn on the cob, to scrape off the kernels afterwards for this tuna salad recipe, although if you happen to be cooking corn on the cob, you could add a couple of extra ones. Similarly, there is no point in cooking fresh tuna steaks to make this tuna salad recipe because the flavor and texture of canned tuna works perfectly well enough in this dish.
If you want to add other things to this tuna salad recipe, feel free. Chopped bell pepper, celery, or avocado would work nicely, or you could add some chopped hard-boiled eggs or capers instead. Make this tuna salad recipe unique, based on the following ingredients, by adding whatever you fancy. You could even stir in some chopped fresh basil or parsley.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 lb can corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lb can tuna in brine, drained
- 1 small can pineapple chunks, drained
- Fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Add the rice and cold water to a pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the rice, with the lid on, until it is tender.
- Uncover it and let it cool.
- Combine the cooled rice with the corn, pepper, mayonnaise, tuna and pineapple in a bowl.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled, garnished with the parsley.
This is a simple tuna salad recipe, combining classic favorites such as corn and pineapple, with flaked canned tuna and mayonnaise. This would make a wonderful lunch or light dinner, or you could omit the rice and serve it in a baked potato. Tuna is a great budget staple and it is always worth keeping a few cans in your cupboard because there are hundreds of different tuna recipes that you can make with such a versatile ingredient, including this mouthwatering and healthy tuna salad recipe. Canned tuna is already cooked so you just have to drain it and flake it with a fork.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3325 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3291 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2409 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)