Healthy Tuna Salad Recipe with Tuna Salad Dressing
Tuna is the most popular fish used in salad recipes, followed closely by crab and shrimp, and you can use fresh, thawed, or canned tuna to make a flavorful tuna salad recipe. Well-loved ingredients in a tuna salad recipe might include corn, carrot, garlic, basil, tomatoes, and olives, amongst others. Canned tuna can also be drained and combined with mayonnaise and other ingredients to make a sandwich filling or baked potato topping. Canned salmon is similar, if not in flavor then in purpose, and the two ingredients are often interchangeable. Perhaps you have made salmon fishcakes or swapped the salmon for tuna and make tuna fishcakes. Tuna is also perfect in a simple salad recipe.
Like many types of fish, tuna is a healthy ingredient. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which lower the risk of heart disease, and it is also rich in vitamins and minerals, and good for the eyesight. Omega-3s can also lower the bad cholesterol levels in the body. High levels of bad cholesterol can lead to strokes and heart attacks, so lowering the bad cholesterol is helpful. Other reasons to indulge in tuna several times a week include the vitamin B12, niacin, and proteins this fish offers. Tuna is low in fat and contains less that 120 calories per small can. Tuna is relatively cheap but healthy and delicious, and most people really enjoy the flavor.
The following tuna salad recipe features cucumber, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and carrot, to add even more nutrients and make the salad look really colorful and appetizing. The dressing is made with mayonnaise, garlic, apple cider vinegar and more, for a well-balanced consistency and flavor. This is not a thick dressing so it will soak right into the fish.
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- ¼ chopped cucumber
- 14 oz can tuna packed in spring water
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ grated carrot
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together with the oil from the can of tuna.
- Flake the tuna with a fork, to break it up a bit.
- Toss the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and carrot together.
- Transfer this mixture on to a serving platter.
- Finish with the tuna and drizzle the dressing on top of that.
If you are looking for healthy tuna salad recipes, what about making this delicious tuna salad? If you can chop the ingredients fast, you will be able to make this in less than ten minutes, since there is no marinating or cooking involved. This makes a nice lunch or evening meal, and you can also double or triple the recipe to make a budget buffet option or a potluck dish. This tuna salad recipe looks tasty and fresh, as you can see from the picture, and it is suitable for complete beginners to make. Serve some crusty bread on the side to make it even more satisfying.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8805 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)