Summer Strawberry Salad Recipe with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Nothing says summer salads like fresh, fruity, brightly colored bowls of wonderful ingredients, and this strawberry salad recipe is one of the most appetizing salads of all. Perfect for a hot day, this wonderful combination of crisp salad leaves, juicy strawberries, crunchy pecan halves, and creamy goat’s cheese is served with a sweet yet piquant raspberry vinaigrette. It is possible to purchase readymade raspberry vinaigrette of course but nothing beats the flavor of a homemade raspberry vinaigrette recipe because it has an amazing fresh flavor. Store-bought raspberry vinaigrette also tends to be expensive and for most recipes you only need a drizzle of it.
You can use apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar in place of the raspberry vinegar if you have that in your pantry instead. The flavor of the vinaigrette with still be similar, since you are including raspberries in the mixture. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries in the raspberry vinaigrette recipe, since everything is going in the blender anyway. Use fresh strawberries in the recipe though, since thawed ones have a mushy appearance which do not do summer salad recipes any favors.
Adding edible flowers as a garnish is optional but it is a great way to make your summer salads look extra fabulous. Cornflowers are nice to use for the garnish. They have a spicy-sweet flavor, a bit like cloves. Pansies, squash blossoms, rosebuds, and violets are also edible flowers which have a pleasant flavor. Different flowers are available at different times of the year and you can either grow your own (do some research into which flowers are edible first) or buy them from somewhere that does not use chemical pesticides or fertilizers.
- 6 oz mixed salad leaves
- 1 pint hulled, halved fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup crumbled goat's cheese
- ¼ cup toasted pecan halves
- Fresh edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup raspberries
- Toss the salad leaves, strawberries, and pecans together in a large serving bowl.
- Crumble the goat's cheese on top.
- Combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, and raspberries in a blender.
- Slowly add the extra-virgin olive oil while the blender is still running.
- Keep blending until the dressing is smooth, and then drizzle it over the salad.
- Garnish with cornflowers or another edible flower if liked.
This is one of the most colorful summer salads ever, as the photo clearly shows. Using edible flowers as a garnish is something that you might or might not choose to do, but if you fancy trying this, always use safe flowers, not ones which might have been sprayed with chemicals and pesticides! If in doubt, do not use them. Also, some types of flowers are toxic. This satisfying strawberry salad also contains pecans for crunch, goat’s cheese, mixed salad leaves and a lovely homemade raspberry vinaigrette. This salad serves four as a main course or six as a side dish.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16846 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)