Marinated Recipe for Zucchini Salad – A True Summer Salad
If you are a fan of creamy cucumber salad recipes, you should enjoy this delicious zucchini salad. Featuring two kinds of zucchini (the standard green type and the heirloom orange one) as well as red onion, Greek yogurt, herbs and more, this refreshing salad is great in the summertime. It makes a great side dish for grilled meat. If you cannot find orange zucchini, just use two green ones. Try to get small or medium zucchini because the little ones have extra-tasty skin.
Cubing your zucchini is also an option for this dish, but cutting it into ribbons gives an elegant effect, plus a greater surface area for the marinade to work on. You might need to drain off some of the dressing before serving this zucchini salad if it is too watery because some zucchini have a higher water content than others. The easiest way to peel zucchini ribbons is to make thin strips down one side using a vegetable peeler until you get to the seeds. Turn it 90 degrees (a quarter turn) and repeat.
Keep going, turning it a quarter turn every time you reach the seeds, until you are left with the seeded core which you can discard. This is one of the tastiest summer salads you can make and if you are growing your own zucchini you can even make a big batch of this tasty salad and share it out amongst friends and neighbors. The Greek yogurt gives it a special creaminess and the dill, honey and herbs, as well as the lemon juice, make a wonderful dressing. This is a unique and very flavorful recipe which makes a light lunch or a flavorful side dish.
- 1 green zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1 golden zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Stir the zucchini strips with the red onion in a bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice, Italian herbs, yogurt, dill, honey, vinegar, and vegetable oil together.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
The combination of green and golden zucchini looks great in this summer salad recipe, as you can see from the picture, but if the golden variety is unavailable you can simply use green zucchini for this dish. Allowing the zucchini time to marinate means it will soak up plenty of flavor and yield a truly delicious result. The combination of herbs, lemon juice, and honey used in the recipe blends to make a delicious dressing which is perfectly suited to the fresh zucchini flavor. This is one of the best summer salads to serve alongside a juicy grilled steak or piece of chicken.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3122 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2638 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2432 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2403 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)