Veal Scallopini Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
If warm salads please you, then you will adore this meaty veal salad recipe. Serve it while the veal is still warm, for the best results, so you get contrasting temperatures as well as flavors and textures. This salad is great as lunch or dinner, and you can serve it with crusty bread or naan bread if you want, to make it extra filling.
The various salad greens are combined with cherry tomatoes and other ingredients for freshness, then you have a warm mixture of gently sautéed celery, bell pepper and onions along with that. A lot of the flavor comes from the dressing and that is made with honey for sweetness, lime for sharpness and some diluted mayonnaise to hold it together and give it a nice creamy feel.
This salad is healthy because it is so well-balanced, offering something from each of the food groups. Salad recipes can be as light or as filling as you want them to be, and if you include something meaty like veal, there is no reason why a homemade salad cannot be satisfying enough for an evening meal. Even the kids might like this one.
- 1 lb Veal scallopini (4 or 5 slices)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 chopped celery stalks
- ½ shredded head iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup torn watercress
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 8 halved green grapes
- ½ sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup baby salad leaves
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Saute the celery in ½ the olive oil until crisp-tender.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes more, then add the green onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the lime juice with the mayonnaise, honey and water.
- Toss the lettuce with the watercress and salad leaves.
- Add the dressing and toss again.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper over the veal and sauté it in 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium-hot skillet for 45 seconds per side.
- Cut the scallopini into thin strips.
- Add the sautéed celery mixture to the lettuce mixture.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, grapes, veal and blue cheese and toss again.
The combination of colors, textures and flavors in this veal salad recipe makes it really special. Work fast and serve it while the meat and sautéed veggies are still warm for the best result. Get everything chopped in advance and mix the dressing, then you can get on with sautéing the veggies and meat. Since this is a tossed salad, you can throw in anything else which needs to be used up. Add a handful of walnut halves or some sliced radish if you want. This delicious veal salad recipe is suitable for anyone who is looking for a healthy recipe for veal. It is easy to prepare as well, which is another bonus.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8803 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)