Special Grilled Steak Salads Recipe
This steak salad recipe is deliciously versatile. It is equally good for lunch or dinner. You can even serve small portions as an appetizer or leave it on a buffet table for curious people to help themselves. The salad itself is kept deliberately simple, featuring just arugula, tomatoes and grilled steak, with a few lemon slices for garnish. If you use a great dressing, sometimes it pays to keep the salad quite basic, so you can taste all the ingredients in the dressing.
Choose a good quality steak like top sirloin for an extra-tender result. If you prefer something slightly chewier (and more economical) then flank steak or London broil would work instead. You can grill the steak if you fancy a smoky flavor or use an indoor grill or even pan-fry it for convenience, or if the weather is not suited to grilling outdoors. It is important to cook the steak properly and that means stopping when it reaches the correct doneness.
Nothing ruins a steak salad more than an overcooked steak. Medium rare is what most good chefs would go for and that means reddish pink in the center but crispy and well-cooked around the outside. This level of doneness means the steak will be tender and have a great texture. The dressing is a hearty combination of mustard, green onions, lemon juice, garlic, fresh herbs and more. The onion and mustard flavors are especially perfect for the beef. This is a great dressing for any steak salad.
- 1 lb tender steak (top sirloin or similar)
- 1 package arugula
- 4 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 sliced lemon
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch green onions, green part only
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 roughly chopped shallot
- 8 large basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1 ½ tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a food processor and mix until you get a puree.
- Keep it at room temperature until you are ready to plate up.
- Spray your grill or grill pan with cooking spray and preheat it to medium hot.
- Grill the steak for 5 minutes per side or until it is medium rare or done to your liking.
- Let it rest at room temperature.
- Slice the steak against the grain.
- Divide the arugula, tomatoes, and lemon slices between 4 chilled serving plates.
- Top with the warm steak and pour half the dressing over the top.
- Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
You can see that this is a colorful and appetizing salad. The beef to salad ratio can be quite small because the steak is quite filling already and you do not need too much of it, especially if this is going to be served as an appetizer or lunch. The mustard and herb dressing transforms this otherwise plain salad into something fantastic. The mustard and garlic really bring out the beautiful flavor of the meat. If you are looking for the best steak salad recipe, this is certainly one to try, especially if you have the grill nice and hot and ready to throw a juicy steak on.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8803 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)