Pear and Steak Salad Recipe with a Lemon Dressing
You might be surprised when you see the ingredients for this steak salad recipe. A lot of steak salads are very basic but this one is really simple. The salad itself consists of lettuce, steak, pear, and bell pepper and the dressing is a very simple mixture of oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. You might wonder if these basic ingredients can work together to give this steak salad sufficient flavor and the answer is a resounding yes! Most of the flavor comes from the two main ingredients which are, of course, the steak and the pear.
You do not need to put a lot of effort into this easy steak salad recipe but you will be pleased with the results. Sometimes, if you use good quality ingredients, it is unnecessary to combine too many flavors or use too many different things in the same salad. Steak lovers often prefer to keep their steak simple, adding simply salt and pepper for flavor. The same applies to a steak salad. Too many different flavors will overpower the meat, rather than enhancing it.
Choose a pear which is ripe but still firm. Mushy, overripe pears do not work well in steak salad recipes or any other recipes. Save the overripe ones for juicing or making desserts with. Combining steak with pear gives the salad a touch of sweetness which works really well. The red pepper adds color and crunch and the simple dressing is just right for this salad.
- 1 lb flank steak or top sirloin steak
- 1 firm but ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 oz salad leaves
- ½ sliced red bell pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Rub half the oil all over the steak and wash the salad leaves.
- Cut the pear in half. Scoop out the core then slice the pear thinly.
- Reduce the grill's heat to medium, then cook the steak for 5 minutes per side or until it is done to your liking.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining olive oil into the lemon juice, then whisk in some salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad leaves between 4 plates and add the pear and bell pepper.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and add it to the salad.
- Pour the dressing on top.
This is an appealing and colorful steak salad recipe. The tasty beef goes really well with the juicy, sweet pear and the other ingredients. Some salad recipes contain a lot of different ingredients and take a while to make but this one is quite fast. If your grill was already hot, you could prepare this salad in about ten minutes. Salad recipes are almost always a healthy option and this recipe combines steak, which is a great source of protein and iron, with all the vitamins and minerals you find in fruit and veggies. It is nutritious as well as very flavorful.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16861 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8881 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3307 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3167 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2668 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2539 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2455 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2415 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2386 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2345 Views)