Mexican Beef Salad with Grilled Vegetables
This fantastic salad combines marinated steak with fresh vegetables for a magnificent result. The beef is marinated in an orange juice, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce mixture, then grilled to succulent perfection. The salad also features grilled corn, bell pepper and mushrooms, as well as a tasty shallot dressing. The flavors are incredible together and although this salad is a bit more labor-intensive than other easy salad recipes, it is well worth making.
This is delicious enough to serve at a dinner party, and flavorful enough to tempt even the pickiest eater. Some diners never venture far beyond the safe realm of classic American dishes, but once they allow themselves to try this south of the border delight, they will be amazed at how it tastes and wonder what other edible treasures they have been missing out on.
Perhaps you have some leftover beef, in which case just use that instead of marinating your own flank steak. The shallot dressing will still bring out its flavor and it will combine nicely with the other ingredients in the dish. This recipe offers a hearty flavor and will satisfy your hunger perfectly. Serve it as a filling lunch or even for dinner as a complete meal, perhaps with some tortillas on the side.
- 1 lb flank steak
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 husked ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 chopped ripe tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 seeded, halved green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 6 button mushrooms
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 minced large shallot
- Add the orange juice, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to a Ziploc bag.
- Add the steak and squeeze out the air before sealing tightly.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- If you do not have a Ziploc bag, then use a glass dish with a lid.
- An hour before serving, whisk the vinegar with the honey.
- Stir in the shallot, then cover and set this dressing aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and oil the grate.
- Stir the oil with the salt and pepper.
- Add the corn, mushrooms and bell pepper and toss to coat.
- Grill the vegetables for a few minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- The corn will take about twice as long as the bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Transfer the veggies to a cutting board and wait until they are cool enough to handle.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the corn kernels from the cobs, and cut the bell pepper into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Toss the shallot mixture with the tomato, corn, mushrooms, bell pepper and cilantro.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry.
- Grill it for 5 minutes per side, turning once, or until done to your liking.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes, then cut it against the grain and toss with the salad.
- This is nice served while the meat is still warm.
Mexican chefs know how to bring out the beauty of fresh produce. They use clever herb and spice combinations to offer a flavor boost without masking the taste of the meat or vegetables. This recipe shows you how to maximize the appeal of your veggies by grilling them, and how to make flavorful steak to go with the salad. The shallot dressing is really easy but its piquancy offsets the sweetness in the salad and results in a perfectly balanced dish. This is colorful, aromatic and really delicious. You will really love how this Mexican steak salad tastes.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16861 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8881 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3307 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3166 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2667 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2539 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2455 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2427 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2415 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2385 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2345 Views)