Incredible Asian Noodle Salad Recipe
With the entire world physically hours away by jet and virtually away be seconds with the Internet, it is small wonder that so many people enjoy international food and drink. Even salad recipes were once written out to share with others, or the ingredients and preparation passed down from mother to daughter, one generation to the next. Today anyone can watch cooking shows, buy cookbooks, or Google an inquiry and print out many recipes and comments within seconds.
Many companies have customer service representatives to answer your questions quickly. Those who produce foodstuffs are no different. The day before Thanksgiving results in an onslaught of calls about cooking turkeys, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, yeast rolls and traditional salad recipes. If you are uncertain about a feature of a certain product and cannot find the information you want, look on the can, or bottle for customer service contact information. They will direct you to the right person who can let you know what you can swap watercress for in a recipe or if there are gluten free products in their line.
Always look over the fresh produce and meat you purchase at the store. You want the freshest and best you can get for your money. Get to know the butcher and the produce staff. If they know that you have certain kinds of foods you like to make, they can give you a heads up when one of your favorite ingredients is scheduled to arrive or if there is a problem with the crops that can lead to a shortage. Some stores even have email notifications to customers who request them.
This Asian Beef Noodle Salad features warm noodles and beef when served. The beef, marinating while the noodles soak in hot water, is cooked shortly before the noodles are drained. Bring out the chopsticks because this is one of the salad recipes where every item is easy to grab and enjoy.
- 1 pound round or chuck steak, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup apples, chopped
- ½ cup watercress, torn
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and torn
- 4 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and torn
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Rice Stick Noodles
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, mix the teriyaki sauce, garlic, sesame oil, ginger and lime juice. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice the steak into thin strips, an inch wide and three to four inches long. Add to the teriyaki mixture and stir to coat the meat. Cover the bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Boil three cups of water in a pan. Put the noodles in a heat-resistant bowl and cover them with the boiling water. Drain after 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the tablespoon of cooking oil in a large skillet. Pour the beef-teriyaki mixture into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook the beef, turning so both sides are covered. Since it is thinly cut, it will only take a few minutes to cook completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the watercress, arugula, spinach, apples and mint leaves. Toss to combine.
- Serve the salad in three bowls: the greens, the noodles, and the beef. Guests will layer their salad with the greens on the bottom, the noodles in the center and the beef on top.
Some salad recipes are intriguing and the family will enjoy this main course salad tonight and perhaps break down and try the chopsticks you always set by the silverware on Asian cuisine night. Marinated steak is a special treat anytime and matched with these great ingredients, no one will be able to resist the opportunity to try them. Apples and watercress blend their delicious flavors, while mint leaves and arugula balance a bit of bitter with a bit of sweet. The rice stick noodles give a delightful texture and satisfying feeling, with a salad that will satisfy the entire crowd.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3317 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3123 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2639 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2432 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2404 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)