Char Grilled Steak Salad with Juicy Grilled Vegetables
This healthy and flavorful grilled steak salad recipe is simple to put together and the combination of grilled steak and juicy grilled vegetables works very nicely. You can use all zucchini instead of half zucchini and half eggplant if you prefer. If you have a problem with eggplant tasting bitter, then put salt over the slices and leave for half an hour. When you rinse them, the bitterness will disappear with the salt. You can use any cut of meat you want for this steak salad but it might be a good idea to choose something good like top sirloin. If you prefer more flavor and do not mind that the meat is slightly tougher, go for flank steak instead or London broil.
The dressing for this steak salad is made with lemon, fresh herbs, chili, garlic and more, to add plenty of aromatic flavor to the grilled steak and vegetables. The veggies will obviously take less time to cook than the meat so add them when the second side of the steak is half-cooked and everything should be done at the same time. Do not forget to let the meat rest for at least five minutes; this allows the juices to redistribute and makes it incredibly tender.
Although a charcoal grill might well be your grill of choice when it comes to grilling meat and veggies, because of the wonderful smoky aroma and flavor it infuses in them, you can make this on a gas grill or even an indoor grill if that is all you have. You can control the temperature more easily on a gas or electric grill but it will be a tradeoff with the smoky factor, so just use whatever you happen to have.
- 2 lbs top sirloin steak
- ½ sliced zucchini
- ½ sliced eggplant
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1 package salad leaves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Rub the oil over the steak, bell pepper, eggplant, and zucchini.
- Grill the steak for 4 minutes per side or until medium rare.
- Grill the vegetables for 1 or 2 minutes per side or until tender and slightly charred.
- Cut the bell pepper into strips.
- Whisk the garlic, lemon juice, chili flakes, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper together.
- Divide the salad leaves between 6 serving plates.
- Top with the steak and grilled vegetables.
- Pour the dressing over the top.
One of the nicest things about this steak salad, and in fact a good reason to choose to make this one in particular, is its colorful appearance. The bell pepper and zucchini add plenty of color and the glistening juicy steak and lettuce add plenty more. This is one of the healthiest and most delicious steak salad recipes ever and it is very simple to make. If you have a hot grill, you can make this mouthwatering steak salad. This is one of the best summer salads too, because if the grill is on anyway, you can simply toss the steak and veggies on to it and make this in minutes.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8792 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3120 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)