Blue Cheese and Apple Steak Salad
This delicious steak and blue cheese salad combines marinated steak with apple, blue cheese, two kinds of salad leaves, and a homemade dressing. The steak is marinated in apple cider vinegar and maple syrup, partly to tenderize it a little more and also to add a sweet yet piquant flavor. You can use one big steak or two smaller ones (it will be sliced up anyway) and you do not have to choose rib-eyes if you prefer another cut.
The maple syrup contrasts well with the tangy apple cider vinegar and also with the sharp, salty blue cheese, giving a sweet touch to the dish. The last thing you should do is to cut the apples into wedges. Prepare them too early and they will go brown. The dressing combines fresh herbs with garlic, maple syrup and more and it goes fabulously with the steak salad. You will have some dressing left over so just refrigerate it for up to a few days, allowing it to come to room temperature before using it on anything else.
If you have your own maples, you can tap the sap in the springtime. If not you can buy maple syrup. Never buy artificial maple syrup because it is just a mixture of sugar, water, and chemicals. Buy real maple syrup for a beautiful-tasting salad. The other ingredients in the dressing are easy to get and the apple cider vinegar has various health benefits. This is definitely one of the nicest steak salad recipes ever and it really is a salad of contrasts.
- ¾ lb rib-eye steaks
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup blue cheese
- 1 apple, in 14 wedges
- 1 handful red salad leaves
- 1 handful green salad leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine ¼ cup each of maple syrup and apple cider vinegar, and pour this over the meat.
- Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to 500 degrees F and clean it with a wire brush.
- Turn it down to medium-low.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients except the oil.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill them for 4 minutes per side or until they are done to your liking.
- Let the steak sit for 5 minutes under tented foil, then cut it into strips.
- Divide the lettuce leaves between 2 serving plates.
- Arrange the apple wedges and steak on top and crumble over the blue cheese.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and refrigerate the remainder.
As you can see from the photo, arranging the steak and apple gives a different look than if you were just to toss all the ingredients together. This provides a more gourmet presentation and you can serve this impressive salad to any dinner guests and be sure they will enjoy it. The flavor and texture combinations in this steak salad are great and marinating the meat before you cook it infuses it with a wonderful flavor. This is an extra special steak salad recipe and one you are sure to enjoy and then make time and time again.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8803 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)