Tasty Hot Bacon Dressing for Spinach Salad
If you are looking for the best recipe for a hot bacon dressing for spinach salad, the following is ideal. Combining spinach, eggs, bacon, mushrooms and more, this spinach and egg salad with hot bacon salad dressing makes a mouthwatering lunch or appetizer. It would also be a great side dish for poached or grilled chicken breast.
The dressing itself is made with bacon, sugar, vinegar and mustard, as well as some bacon grease for flavor, and the salad ingredients are spinach, eggs, mushrooms and red onion, making this a well-balanced, full-flavored salad recipe. You can serve this dressing over any salad you like, but the following one is really good.
If you are looking for a sugar-free, reduced carb or low carb salad dressing, you can make this really tasty one, swapping the sugar for some artificial sweetener. This is a really hearty dressing which will appeal to everyone, regardless of what ingredients you are having in your salad along with the spinach, or simply having spinach and sliced eggs along with this wonderful salad dressing.
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 chopped bacon slices
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 sliced white mushrooms
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Remove the stems from the spinach and wash it, then pat it dry.
- Simmer the eggs in water for 12 minutes, then shell them and slice each one into 8 slices.
- Fry the bacon and drain on paper towels, keeping 3 tablespoons of the fat.
- Crumble the bacon.
- Transfer the fat to a small pot over a low heat, then whisk in the sugar, vinegar, and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the mushrooms and onion to the spinach, and toss.
- Add the bacon and dressing and toss again.
- Divide the spinach between 4 bowls and divide the egg between those.
- Taste and season with more pepper if you like.
This hot bacon dressing is going to taste every bit as good as it smells while you are making it. Bacon is always great, whether you are enjoying it for breakfast alongside your blueberry waffles and orange juice, adding it to a bacon and avocado sandwich, or even using it to make a salad dressing for your spinach and egg salad. This recipe really does demonstrate its versatility. If you want a healthy salad but you still crave that delicious salty, meaty, satisfying taste sometimes only bacon can offer, go ahead and make our hot bacon salad dressing, because it is absolutely amazing with a spinach and hard-boiled egg salad.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)