Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Feta
This flavorful recipe would be perfect in the spring or summer, as it blends spinach with strawberries, offering a light, refreshing lunch or appetizer. The strawberries are chopped and the spinach is torn – you can just do that by hand. In addition to those ingredients you also have walnut halves and feta cheese, although you can swap the walnuts for pecans or almonds if you prefer, or swap the feta for goat’s cheese or even blue cheese if you fancy a richer flavor.
This salad can be dressed with a creamy dressing if you like, such as ranch, or you can make a basil oil and vinegar dressing for it, which will bring out the natural flavors of the fresh produce without masking any of the taste. Serve this soon after making it. If you do need to make this ahead, then do not combine the dressing with the salad, since it will make the spinach soggy after a while.
Serve this in smaller portions as an appetizer or in larger bowls if you want to serve it for lunch or even dinner. To make it stretch further as a meat, add some grilled chicken and perhaps some crusty bread as well.
- 1 lb fresh torn spinach
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup lightly toasted walnut halves
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Basic oil and vinegar salad dressing, maybe ½ this amount
- Toss the spinach with the most of the strawberries and most of the walnuts.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach mixture and toss.
- Scatter the remaining strawberries and walnuts on top, as well as the feta cheese.
This appealing and colorful salad is always a welcome sight on the table, since you can get a great idea of how it will taste just by looking at it. This salad has nothing to hide; you can see all the ingredients in it from one glance. What you cannot see is the dressing, but use a simple oil and vinegar dressing or just serve ranch dressing on the side if you prefer. This salad might be very simple to prepare but it tastes amazing. The sweetness of the strawberries, savory spinach, crunchy nuts and creamy cheese contrast beautifully.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)