Spinach and Feta Salad with Strawberries
Spinach salads are all about keeping things refreshing and simple. Think about it – when the weather is hot what do you crave? Most people would choose light yet satisfying meals and chilled food is more tempting than piping hot food, especially when the weather is very warm. Not many people like to stand over a hot stove or have the oven on when it is very hot outside either, which is why summer salads are really popular at this time of the year.
There are lots of recipes for summer salads to choose from, most of which feature typical summer ingredients. Think about which vegetables and fruit are in season in the hottest months and those will form the basis of most summer salad recipes. You can usually adapt summer salad recipes, adding different fruits or vegetables. Salads tend to be very versatile and adding more fruits and vegetables will also boost the nutritional value of the dish. There are good salad recipes for adults and kids and if you are in any doubt about what to use, you can serve the dressing, and some of the topping, on the side, so people can help themselves to what they want.
The following recipe is one of the most delicious and refreshing summer salads of all. Combining spinach with strawberries, feta cheese and almonds in layers, this salad is really simple yet the flavor is fantastic. The spinach has a simple flavor, the strawberries offer sweetness, and the feta gives a sharp, slightly bitter flavor and a creamy texture. The almonds add contrast and crunch. The dressing is sour cream-based and also contains sugar, salt, pepper and a little cider vinegar (use raspberry vinegar instead, if you want), to keep it simple. This dressing echoes the flavor of the feta and adds a delicious flavor to the salad as a whole. This dressing would be suitable for various types of summer salads actually, not just this one.
- 1 package spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 handful slivered almonds
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Stir the sour cream, salt, sugar, pepper, and cider vinegar together to make the dressing and chill it for a while.
- Remove the stems from the spinach and divide it between 4 serving plates.
- Top it with the sliced strawberries, feta cheese, and almonds.
- Serve the dressing on the side.
Summer salads are the perfection solution when the weather is hot and you fancy something refreshing. Fresh produce is popular during the spring and summer months and you can make all kinds of mouthwatering, colorful summer salads with leaves, berries, fruit, and vegetables. As the photo shows, this is a particularly delicious-looking summer salad recipe, because of the colors and also because of the contrast. There might only be four ingredients in the salad itself – spinach, strawberries, feta cheese and almonds – but do not underestimate the flavor. This salad really is a winner and it makes a lovely lunch.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)