Simple Brunch or Breakfast Salad
Early in the morning it is time for breakfast. In the middle of the day it is time for lunch. But what do you do if you sleep late and you no longer fancy breakfast, but neither do you want to wait a couple of hours for lunch? The answer is make a delicious brunch. Brunch, as the name suggests, combines the best of both worlds – breakfast and lunch.
If you bought some bacon and eggs because you planned to be up earlier, you can use them to make this fantastic salad. Of course, this is not limited to being a brunch salad. You can eat it at any time. Some people like to add nutritious produce to their breakfasts and others love bacon and eggs no matter what time of the day it is.
So if you are looking for a spinach salad recipe which features your favorite ingredients and not just the healthiest ones, try this out. If you are not all that keen on most salads, this one might just convert you with its tempting charms. Not quite breakfast but not quite lunch either, this fantastic salad is easy enough to put together and the flavors will put a smile on your face too.
- Handful spinach leaves
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 2 chopped bacon strips
- 4 quartered button mushrooms
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Pinch of black pepper
- Few drops hot sauce, if liked
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms together in a skillet until the bacon is crispy.
- Cut the egg into 8 wedges.
- Toss the spinach with the red onion, egg, bacon and mushrooms and arrange on a serving plate.
- Squeeze the juice from the ½ lemon into a measuring cup and add the black pepper and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add a little hot sauce too, if you want.
- Whisk well, then drizzle this over the salad and serve right away.
- For a healthier dressing, leave out the extra-virgin olive oil and just use the lemon juice, pepper and hot sauce.
This is a quick and easy recipe and many people have yet to experience a brunch or breakfast salad recipe. This one combines bacon and eggs (true breakfast favorites!) with healthy spinach, delicious red onion, mushrooms, and a homemade dressing which features extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and a little hot sauce too if you like. Actually the hot sauce goes really well with this salad so do use it if you have some, but just a couple of drops. Serve this with the bacon and mushrooms still warm for the best results. This is filling and delicious and does not take long to make either. You can make it from scratch in about fifteen minutes.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8891 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3360 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3312 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3169 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2673 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2460 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2430 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2418 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2390 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2348 Views)