Worldwide American Cobb Salad Recipe
If you are expecting company for lunch, this is a delightful salad to put together. When you know the likes and allergies of friends and families, it is easier to add ingredients together as one. If some guests are unable to enjoy certain foods, make the salad with the ingredients all enjoy and have a small Lazy Susan filled with the other items. Many people prefer to add their own dressing, so put the dressing in the center of the dish or in two small bowls.
There are so many interesting kinds of salads and this is one of them. Rumor has it that a bevy of leftovers at a prominent restaurant resulted in the creation of Cobb salad. Still others insist that salad recipes of this magnitude, methodically created item-by-item and put together artistically, reflect the vision of the chef. Regardless of the story, the important thing is that the salad is awe-inspiring and inspirational.
American Cobb Salads look best in lovely, clear glass or crystal dishes handed down from generation to generation. If you need one or two, look for an inexpensive glass or crystal bowl at your local second-hand store or at yard sales. Always use the freshest vegetables possible in any salad, a dish that often promotes better, healthy bones. Folic acid, one of the B vitamins, lessens the amino acid homocysteine in your body. That amino acid is associated with increased reports of blood clots and coronary disease. Eating healthy food is much easier and tastier than swallowing pills, so enjoy salads with asparagus, spinach, artichokes, and avocado. Sides to accompany salad include crispy potato or tortilla chips or soft rolls with butter.
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small can corn, drained
- 2 avocados
- 4 medium tomatoes (leave the star on the top of each tomato)
- 1head iceberg lettuce
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- 6 pieces of bacon, grilled
- 4 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of dressing
- Get out 4 deep, narrow, or 4 low, rounded individual salad bowls, clear if possible.
- Wash and dry the romaine lettuce. Place on the bottom and stand leaves around the inside wall of each bowl.
- Cut the amount of iceberg lettuce desired for each salad into bite sized pieces and place into each bowl.
- Cut each tomato crossways into 3 pieces, leaving the green star on the top of each tomato. Place the tomatoes in the bowl, with the star face up as a garnish.
- Cut each avocado in half. Lift out and discard the seed. Peel the avocado halves and slice each lengthwise into 4 slices. Put a set of 4 in each bowl, separating them slightly.
- Cut each strip of bacon into thirds and place on the lettuce standing tall.
- Peel and cut the hardboiled eggs across, arranging them across the salad.
- Slice each cooked chicken lengthwise into 4 slices, arranging on salad.
- Sprinkle the corn over each salad.
- Each person can add salt, pepper, and dressing as desired.
What is tastier than a delicious salad combining favorite fruits, vegetables, and meats? Make this delightfully delicious American Cobb Salad into individual servings, layering it along the way to show off how it all comes together with incredible taste. Put the romaine lettuce along the bottom and sides to keep the other ingredients in the dish. Iceberg lettuce, sliced hardboiled egg, corn, chicken, avocado and bacon entice the appetite. Whether intended as a meal for one or to share with the family, this favorite among salad recipes uses a variety of foods and graces the dinner table with enticing beauty.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)