Fresh is Best Mozzarella and Tomato Salad Tower
Fortunately, tomatoes are available all during the year. During the summer and fall, think about making tower tomato salad recipes. They are perfect because the garden is loaded with fantastically incredible fresh tomatoes. Perhaps you have basil plants, as well. That lets you have an extremely fresh salad for lunch or dinner. We get antioxidants, vitamin C, and vitamin K, known to maintain bone health, from tomatoes. Salad recipes designed to keep our bodies healthy give us enjoyable flavors at the same time. Raw vegetables provide important nutrients and because different herbs and spices like basil and cinnamon are often part of the salad, it is a win-win meal.
Some people enjoy making mini towers with fresh mozzarella pearls, slightly larger than marbles, Roma tomatoes, and basil. You can get fresh mozzarella, which is quite soft, in 8-ounce and 16-ounce balls, as well, which is the size you want for this recipe. It is quite easy to mix or press the cut basil into the cheese since is very soft. Mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes combine their goodness to create an incredible tower of freshness.
Basil complements many herbs and foods, making it a wonderful addition to many salad recipes. Add chopped basil to your lemon or balsamic vinaigrette dressing to boost antioxidants and make an interesting flavor. This elegant salad is simple and easy to make. The flavor is stupendous. Put a bit of dressing between each layer to wake up taste buds and spark extra flavor. Friends and family will never believe how easy it is to create this incredible salad.
Some salads are just too delicious to keep hidden in wraps, the Fresh is Best Mozzarella, and Tomato Tower is one of them. There are so many different ways to display tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese in a salad. For ambience on a special afternoon, choose a tower. Not only does it make a spectacular presentation, it is fun to create and tastes good, too.
- 4 very large ripe red tomatoes
- 16-ounce ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 sprigs of fresh basil with 2 or 3 leaves each for garnish
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- Lemon vinaigrette
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Wash the basil and place it on paper towels to dry.
- Wash and trim the top from each tomato. Trim the tomato bottom flat if it is too rounded to remain steady on the plate. Slice into five slices each across the center.
- Mix the chopped basil with the mozzarella cheese, shaping it back into a round shape. Cut 16 slices approximately ⅓ - inch thickness.
- Place the bottom of each tomato on a separate salad plate and layer the tomato slices and basil mozzarella slices. The top of the tomato goes at the top of the tower. Decorate with the basil sprigs and leaves at the top (refer to the picture). Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Incredibly inviting, this stacked mozzarella and tomato salad features layers of sliced tomato and soft, creamy fresh mozzarella kissed by bits of basil. A sprig of basil, artfully placed over the top of the tower, garnishes the top slice of tomato. A white salad plate shows off the perfection of this, one of the more beautiful fresh veggie stacked salad recipes. How creative and interesting to build the tower upwards rather than placing it flat against a bowl. Seasonal holidays that are celebrated with red, green, and white color schemes include Valentine’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, and Cinco de Mayo.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8831 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3328 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3294 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3135 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2514 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2439 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2411 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2371 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2330 Views)