Spanish Seafood Salad with Vegetables
The following recipe shows you how to combine three kinds of seafood with mixed vegetables and season the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and two kinds of vinegar. This is a simple yet flavorful Spanish seafood salad recipe. You can use any mixed vegetables you like, although peas, corn, and carrots are probably the most popular type. If you are not a fan of frozen veggies, you can chop and boil your own fresh vegetables instead. Pretty much any vegetables would work with the seafood and if you are making your own you can try broccoli or cauliflower, or even mushrooms, zucchini or whatever else you like.
You can also choose from ready-cooked seafood or cook your own. In the following recipe we suggest you use cooked mussels, but you can sauté your own shrimp and scallops to perfection, either chopping them into smaller pieces or leaving them whole. You can also use squid rings, clams, or other sorts of seafood. This is a very mix-and-match kind of dish and you are not going to ruin it by adding other veggies or other kinds of seafood.
This Spanish seafood salad recipe is nice served warm or chilled. You can serve it as soon as you make it, when the seafood is still warm, or you can let it sit in the refrigerator until you are ready for it. Serve it within a few hours of making it for the best results, perhaps with some crusty bread and aioli or garlic mayonnaise on the side for an authentic touch of Spain.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 oz cooked mussels, de-shelled
- 4 oz peeled, deveined shrimp
- 4 oz quartered sea scallops
- Large handful mixed frozen vegetables
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Thaw the frozen vegetables.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over a moderately high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the seafood and cook for 3 minutes or until done.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar and stir.
- Take the mixture off the heat.
- Toss the seafood with the vegetables, mussels, and remaining oil.
- Season to taste and serve warm or chilled.
This attractive and colorful Spanish seafood salad recipe is easy to put together and it makes a great appetizer. Featuring shrimp, mussels and scallops, this is one of the tastiest seafood salad recipes that you can make. Although you can use any vegetables you want, using a package of peas, corn, and carrot is a nice idea because all the vegetable pieces are the same size and the colors look good together. Feel free to swap the dressing for a readymade vinaigrette if you want a different flavor, or just add some extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice to the finished Spanish seafood salad recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Prosciutto and Egg Salad with Tarragon August 20, 2014
- Mexican Beef Salad with Grilled Vegetables August 19, 2014
- Veal Scallopini Salad with Honey Lime Dressing August 18, 2014
- Marinated Beef Salad with Grapes and Red Onion August 17, 2014
- Crunchy Kohlrabi Salad August 16, 2014
- Exotic Fruit Salad with Dragon Fruit August 14, 2014
- Shrimp Salad Recipe with Marie Rose Sauce August 10, 2014
- Gourmet Seafood Salad with Crab and Langoustine August 5, 2014
- Home (4359 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (1434 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (1166 Views)
- Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe with Red Onion (1133 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (1125 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (1116 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (1080 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (1045 Views)
- Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing (1016 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (973 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (959 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (956 Views)
- Easy Mango Chicken Salad Recipe (954 Views)
- Caramelized Onion and Butter Bean Salad Recipe (906 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (896 Views)
- Egg Salad Recipes with Bibb Lettuce and Tomatoes (877 Views)