Smoked Salmon and Crabmeat Salad with a Lime Ginger Dressing
When you are in the mood to make something easy yet impressive, you might find the following recipe to be fitting for the occasion. Featuring crabmeat and smoked salmon, as well as fresh vegetables and a delectable lime ginger dressing, this seafood salad recipe looks and tastes amazing.
The ingredients are stacked on top of each other for a wonderful look. You can adapt the recipe if you want, using other ingredients if you prefer. The most important thing when making a stacked seafood salad recipe is to press down on each layer before adding the next.
It is crucial that the stacks are tightly packed, else they will just collapse when you remove the mold. Although the salad will taste the same, this will wreck the presentation, so press down hard after adding each layer.
Perhaps you have never seen such a salad, but do not let the appearance put you off, because it is really not difficult to make. This might take a bit longer than simply tossing salad ingredients together but not much longer. Your dinner guests will be thrilled you made them something that looks so exquisite and tastes so incredible.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 cup diced avocado
- ½ cup fresh or canned crabmeat
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ⅔ cup diced mango
- ⅓ raw carrot in wide thin slices
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 4 teaspoons orange fish roe or caviar
- 4 candied or preserved lemon slices
- 4 langoustines (optional)
- 4 physalis or cape gooseberries (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
- Fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Whisk together the sugar, ginger, lime juice, water and garlic to make the dressing, and refrigerate it for a couple of hours so the flavors can blend.
- Get a cylinder mold or an empty aluminum can with the top and bottom removed, and use it to make your seafood salad stacks.
- Put the mold on a small plate and add a layer of pea shoots, a layer of tomatoes, a layer of sliced cucumber, a layer of mango and carrot, and a layer of red onions.
- Make sure the ingredients are tightly layered together else the stacks will collapse.
- Push down on the layers as you add them and use ¼ of the ingredients for each stack, since you are making 4 servings.
- Add a layer of avocado and crabmeat, then pushing down with one hand on the avocado and crabmeat layer, slowly slide the mold upwards and remove it.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to form a total of 4 seafood salad stacks.
- Drizzle the lime ginger dressing over the stacks.
- Add a slice of smoked salmon, a dollop of crème fraiche, some fish roe and a lemon slice on top of each stack, for garnish.
- You can also garnish the serving plates with physalis or cape gooseberry, green onion, langoustines and fresh herbs, but this is optional.
This is a highly decorative seafood salad recipe, finished off with smoked salmon, fish roe or caviar, and other delicious ingredients. A lot of the presentation, as you can see from the photo, is unnecessary, so feel free to leave off the green onion, physalis (the little orange fruit also known as a cape gooseberry), lemon slice and whatever else you do not want to use or do not have. The most important things are the seafood and the fresh, crisp vegetables. This salad does not need to be chilled in the refrigerator, unlike certain other seafood salad recipes, so just serve it as soon as it is ready.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)