Shrimp Salad Recipe with Marie Rose Sauce
Shrimp cocktail is a typical salad recipe. It is quite basic when you look at the ingredients, with many shrimp cocktail recipes featuring lettuce, shrimp and a marie rose sauce, but of course you can jazz this recipe up however you like. Why not add some grated ginger and chopped chili to the crème fraiche in this recipe to spice it up a little? Shrimp is a versatile ingredient and you can get hot shrimp curries as well as delicate shrimp canapés. This ingredient works well in them all.
This recipe is great for any kind of dinner party and you can make the shrimp cocktails up to an hour before serving them, freeing up your time so you can concentrate on getting the entrees done too. You can use whichever size of shrimp you want, from the very small ones to jumbo shrimp.
You can use ready-cooked shrimp or cook your own and chill them. Shrimp are easy to cook. Just boil them until they turn pink. Depending on the size of the shrimp you have chosen, this might take anywhere from thirty seconds to three minutes. Peel the shrimp when they are done but if they are big ones you can leave the tails on.
- 4 ½ oz crème fraiche
- 6 oz peeled shrimp
- 4 oz shredded lettuce hearts
- 1 teaspoon tomato concentrate
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine the crème fraiche with the tomato concentrate and Worcestershire sauce.
- Taste it and add more tomato concentrate or Worcestershire sauce if necessary.
- Divide the lettuce between 4 serving glasses.
- Divide the shrimp between the serving glasses and sprinkle a little lemon juice over them.
- Top the shrimp cocktails with a scoop of the pink sauce and decorate the rim of each glass with a lemon wedge.
Shrimp cocktail should always be served in a glass rather than in an opaque bowl, so you can see the wonderful seafood mixture inside. The three layers – lettuce, shrimps and pink sauce, combine to make a really appealing appetizer or lunch and the wedge of lemon finishes the dish off to perfection. Creamy marie rose sauce is great with shrimp and if you want to give it a gourmet flavor you can add a few drops of whisky to the sauce, as well as the other ingredients. Serve these shrimp cocktails chilled and with a glass of California white wine.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8807 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3127 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)