Seafood Salad Recipes with Mango and Crab
This flavorful seafood recipe is ideal for seafood fans who especially like the taste of crab. Combining the crabmeat with crunchy red onion, smooth avocado and juicy mango results in this wonderful salad; it is a real feast for the senses with its vibrant colors and heavenly flavors, not to mention the lovely aroma this delicate and fragrant crab salad gives off.
The dressing is an unusual combination of citrus, honey and tangy lime juice and these flavors work very nicely with the savory crab and onion. The chives make an attractive and flavorful garnish but you can use cilantro if you cannot find chives because the flavor of cilantro will also work well here.
You might like to garnish the salad with fresh flowers or other colorful ingredients if you are making it for a dinner party or another occasion where the aim is to impress, or you can keep things simple and serve it with a couple of lemon wedges. If you are making this for a boxed lunch, chop the avocado and toss it with the other ingredients, then it will be easier to transport, and keep it chilled until serving.
- 2 ripe avocado halves
- 8 oz chopped fresh ripe mango
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- 4 chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Stir the orange peel, orange juice, honey and lime juice together and whisk in the oil.
- Season to taste and leave the dressing for 15 minutes so the flavors can blend.
- Pick the crabmeat over and separate it into chunks.
- Toss the mango, red onion, and crabmeat together gently in a bowl and stir in the dressing.
- Put an avocado half on each serving plate and fill the cavity with the crab mixture.
- Sprinkle the chives on top and serve right away, garnished with the lemon wedges.
As you can see from the photo, fresh flowers are used to garnish this delicious crab salad recipe. This is not a necessary ingredient and you might prefer not to use the flowers. Some kinds of flowers are edible and others are toxic so make sure you know what you are using! The lemon wedges make a good garnish and some people like to add extra acid, in the form of lemon juice, to a seafood salad recipe. The dressing on this one is honey, orange and lime-based so it might be too sweet for some palates. This wonderful fresh crabmeat salad makes a beautiful appetizer or you could make a complete lunch of it by serving some homemade potato salad on the side and perhaps adding a few lettuce leaves underneath the avocado halves.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3317 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2507 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2433 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2404 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)