Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions
These hearty lobster salad sandwiches make a generous lunch for two people, especially when served with pickles and potato chips on the side. Fans of lobster will love these rich lobster salad buns, especially with the crunchy green onions, crisp lettuce, aromatic tarragon and gently toasted bread. Buy ready-cooked lobster meat if you are unfamiliar with cooking live lobsters. You can may pick all the meat from the lobster carcass if you are using fresh ones though, and add it to the meat or freeze the carcass for making broth or soup at a later date.
If you do not have fresh tarragon, do not replace it with dried tarragon because it does not taste good and will not do anything for the recipe. If this is the case, just leave it out altogether. You could add a little finely chopped cilantro or parsley instead but that is your choice.
This lobster seafood salad recipe is wonderful served on toasted buns or you could serve it on a pile of lettuce leaves instead, to make a simple salad rather than sandwiches. Lobster is not the cheapest type of seafood you can get but sometimes it is nice to spoil yourself by enjoying wonderful meals like this lobster salad sandwiches recipe.
- ½ lb cooked lobster meat or 2 ½ lbs live lobster
- ½ tablespoon fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ peeled, seeded, finely chopped cucumber
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 big, soft buns 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 big lettuce leaves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Boil or steam the lobsters, if you are using live ones, then let them cool at room temperature.
- Crack them open with a cleaver and remove the meat from the tails, knuckles, and claws.
- Remove the intestines from the tails and the cartilage from the claws.
- Cut the lobster meat into ½ inch pieces.
- Put the cucumber in a colander and leave for 5 minutes so the excess water can drain away.
- Toss the lobster chunks with the cucumber, tarragon, and mayonnaise.
- Add the green onions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat a big skillet over a low to medium heat.
- Split the buns and butter both cut sides. Cook for 2 minutes in the dry skillet or until golden brown.
- Turn them over and toast the other side. You can use a broiler instead of a skillet if you prefer.
- Fill the buns with the chilled salad, adding a couple of lettuce leaves before you add the salad on top.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices.
This is a very simple idea for a sandwich recipe if you think about it – just seafood plus mayonnaise – but the end result of this amazing combination will reassure you that lobster does not require a lot of additions. The pure taste of fresh lobster is usually enough on its own but adding some creamy mayonnaise, a little tarragon, and some salt and pepper makes a truly magnificent lobster salad recipe. Whether you choose to serve this lobster salad on toasted buns or heap it on to a pile of crisp lettuce leaves is up to you, but if you are a fan of crab salad recipes you are sure to enjoy this flavorful alternative just as much as the crab salads.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8780 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3312 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3282 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3117 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2635 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2503 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2428 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2400 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2396 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2363 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2320 Views)