Light and Refreshing Lobster Salad Recipe
Lobster is wonderful tasting and versatile. You can serve it whole with butter or you can use it risottos, hot or chilled dishes or even use it to present a trio of seafood, perhaps with crab and shrimp. Another great use for this delicious seafood is to use it in a salad. The following recipe also features cherry tomatoes, arugula, and apple. The main flavor of course comes from the lobster itself but there are more special flavors in this lobster salad recipe, including limejuice, basil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.
This is a real gourmet dish but it is so simple to prepare. If you have never worked with lobster before, do not worry because it is not so hard. You just need some chopped, cooked lobster meat to work with and the other ingredients are simple to combine. Lobster is not difficult to find. It is not the cheapest source of protein but it is worth it sometimes, if you are cooking for a special occasion like a birthday or a romantic anniversary. Lobster makes a statement!
This is a very healthy recipe as well as a supremely flavorful one. Seafood is naturally low in fat and calories and you can make this amazing sauce without using cream, cheese, or other high fat ingredients. Whether you want to present this delicious lobster salad with lime and basil salsa as an appetizer or for lunch or even an al fresco dinner on a balmy summer evening, you will enjoy every last bite of it. We should all treat ourselves now and then and what better treat than fresh lobster!
- ¾ lb cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup peeled, diced cucumber
- ⅓ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 apples, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 cups sliced rucola
- 1 cup trimmed cabbage
- Position the knife blade in the food processor bowl. To make the salsa, add ½ cup of the chopped tomatoes, lime juice, vinegar, garlic and olive oil. Process this mixture until smooth, before pouring it into a medium sized bowl. Stir in the rest of the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onions, basil, salt and pepper. Set this mixture aside.
- Combine the lobster, cherry tomatoes, rucola and cabbage and apple pieces in a large bowl and toss well. Arrange this mixture on the plates with a little of the salsa dotted around the edge of the plate. Serve the rest separately so people can help themselves to it.
A Picture of Lobster Salad Recipe with a Lime and Basil Salsa – This light yet completely delicious lobster salad recipe makes your mouth come alive with incredible flavor. Although it is not difficult to make, lobster is not cheap, so save this dish for a special occasion. Lobster in a restaurant is really expensive so making your own is better. The combination of ingredients is clever and everything goes together perfectly. Lobster is a gourmet treat and, as you can see from the photo, this is a seriously impressive dish. The colors are just amazing and this recipe makes the mouth water in anticipation.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8807 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)