Avocado and Shrimp Seafood Salad Recipe with Lime
If refreshing summer salads are what you are looking for, this recipe might be right up your street. Featuring shrimp and avocado, as well as typical south of the border ingredients like chilies, lime juice and cilantro, this delicious and juicy seafood salad recipe is easy to make and suitable for any occasion. The green chili pepper spices up this seafood salad recipe, as you would imagine, although if you prefer milder salads you can leave the chili out altogether or simply use half or a quarter of it. Not everyone likes to use chilies in their seafood salads after all.
You can use any kind of shrimp for this – tiny, small or medium. This is not a salad for the jumbo shrimp or prawns though, since everything is tossed together so you will need smaller ones. If you do have some large shrimp to use up you could always chop them up after cooking them of course. Cook the shrimp by boiling them for a couple of minutes. Peel the shrimp before or after cooking, if they have the shells on. Shrimp cook fast and as soon as they are pink and float to the top of the water in the pan they are ready to add to the salad. You could buy ready-cooked shrimp if you prefer.
If you want to serve this as a complete meal, rather than as an appetizer or side dish, you can boil some new potatoes, slice them up, and toss them with the other ingredients. Potatoes will suit the other textures and flavors in the dish and bulk it out a bit to make it more satisfying and hearty enough for an entree.
- 1 tablespoon minced green chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ⅔ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ½ chopped cucumber
- 1 lb ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ pint halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lb small peeled and cooked shrimp
- Large handful shredded lettuce, to serve
- Whisk the oil, lime juice, and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
- Dice the avocados into ¾ inch cubes and mix the cubes in a bowl with the other ingredients except the lettuce, stirring gently.
- Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce, or cover the bowl and chill the seafood salad recipe for an hour before serving on the lettuce, to intensify the flavors.
Leaving this seafood salad recipe in the refrigerator for an hour before serving, to allow the flavors to blend and intensify, is a great idea and you will be able to taste the difference. Do not add the salad to the bed of lettuce until just before serving though, else the lettuce will go soggy and that is never what you want when making a seafood salad recipe or any kind of simple salad recipe for that matter. As you can see from the picture, this salad is colorful and appealing, featuring green lettuce, pink juicy shrimp, bright red cherry tomatoes and more. This is a great lunch or appetizer and it is full of Mexican flavors, making it super-refreshing and tasty.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)