Venture to Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
When a non-Vegan thinks of what to fix for vegan or vegetarian friends, lettuce usually comes to mind. There is a partnership between green salads and vegetarians, but there is much more to offer than a wedge of lettuce decorated one way or another. Vegan potato salad is delicious for everyone, so there is no need to make separate salads. It is a satisfying lunch or a great dinner side dish. Making a green salad on another day will give you the opportunity to provide folate with leafy greens. Let the salad supplement their Vitamin A dose with bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, and cabbage.
You will be surprised at how easy it is to make a great vegan potato salad or other vegan recipes. Salads go with anything and are inexpensive to prepare. Grill some corn on the cob for those who want something in addition to potato salad. The more vegetables and fruits offered with a meal, the more antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals your family and friends are getting naturally.
The key to making popular salads is variety. Just because a recipe is great today does not mean you cannot change it tomorrow to see the results. Different nuts can add a crunchy taste, such as peanuts and slivered almonds. Sunflower seeds create an interesting garnish. Adding raspberries, strawberries or slices of pineapple bring a sparkle to the taste of many salads.
- 3 large baking potatoes or 7-8 small potatoes
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florettes
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 leaves kale, shredded (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup egg-free mayonnaise
- Slice the potatoes into 2-inch chunks and put the chunks in a pot of boiling water. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low, allowing the potatoes to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Avoid overcooking, as the potatoes fall apart when they get too soft. Drain the water and set the potatoes aside to cool.
- Put the red and green onions, diced celery, cauliflower, olive oil, and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Stir to mix.
- Place the potato chunks in the bowl and mix until the sides of the potatoes are covered. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours. Add the kale as a garnish before serving.
Enjoy this Vegan Potato Salad made with potatoes, celery, onions, and egg-free mayonnaise. A garnish of shredded kale adds even more color to this tasty dish. Summer and fall are the seasons of potato salad recipe as the heat drives us to cook less and less indoors and concentrate on grilling outdoors. Potato salad is a fantastic accompaniment to nearly any type of food and delicious, nutritious salads such as this actually compose a main course. Microwave, grill, or boil traditional corn on the cob. Carrot sticks, radishes, and cherry tomatoes offer a variety of choices for appetizers and snacks.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)