Red Potato Salad Recipe with Dijon Dressing
This easy red potato salad recipe can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled. It is delicious served with beef, pork, or chicken, and it is also great to take on a picnic. Because it contains mayonnaise you will need to keep it cool in your picnic hamper but it is especially nice served al fresco, especially if you are grilling some meat to go with it. Using red-skinned potatoes to make potato salad has more to do with the visual appeal of the red skin than anything else does, but if you like to leave the skin on your potatoes when making a salad then red ones are a good choice.
The cooked potatoes are combined with onion and celery for crunchy, and then the dressing is made with mayonnaise and mustard, as well as pickle relish, a little vinegar and some fresh parsley. This red potato salad recipe is really simple to put together and the whole family will love its fresh flavor.
Store-bought potato salad is nowhere near as impressive as this delicious homemade version. It is always worth making your own potato salad from scratch, and you can always make it in advance too, and then simply keep it chilled until you are ready to serve it.
- 4 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 thinly sliced celery stalks
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1¼ cups mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Put the potatoes in a pot and add enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for half an hour or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut the red potatoes in half (or quarters if they are quite big) and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the onion and celery.
- Whisk the mustard with the relish, parsley, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and black pepper.
- Pour this dressing over the potatoes and gently stir to mix.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Why not make a flavorful red potato salad recipe the next time you crave this creamy feast? Potato salad is a delicious and satisfying side dish, or you can serve it on a bed of salad leaves, perhaps with some chopped chicken or anchovies for added flavor. Crumbling bacon over it is also a nice touch. This recipe is easy to follow and you can see from the photo how using red-skinned potatoes gives the potato salad a great appearance. This delicious, creamy red potato salad recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3325 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2409 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)