Hot Egg Dressing Potato Salad with Celery
It is up to you whether or not to peel the potatoes for this hot egg dressing potato salad recipe, but it is important that you only cook them until they are just tender. Cooking them until they are soft means they will break apart when you toss the salad and that is not what you want.
This hot egg dressing potato salad is nice served warm but you could serve it chilled if you prefer, perhaps on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves. This flavorful salad is similar to a classic potato salad but the warm egg, crunchy onions and celery, and tangy mustard dressing make it extra special.
Egg salad is always good but if the weather is cold and you want to make something warm, consider this warm egg salad recipe because you get all those delicious flavors you want, plus something warm in your belly. The flavors are always good when you make your own egg salad, and this one also has potatoes, celery and more, for a full, well-rounded flavor that everyone will love. Making this recipe is very easy, and you probably want to double or triple the recipe so you have plenty of this wonderful salad to enjoy for days to come.
- 4 potatoes
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 finely diced celery stalk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes until they are just tender, then drain and dice them.
- Boil the eggs for a minute, then cover the pan and take them off the heat.
- Let them sit in the hot water for 20 minutes.
- Toss the green onion and celery with the diced cooked potatoes in a bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, relish, dill weed, garlic, salt and pepper and toss this mixture with the potato mixture.
- Peel and chop the hot eggs and stir these in.
- Serve the salad while the eggs and potatoes are still warm.
If you are torn, and cannot decide between a potato salad and an egg salad, make this recipe because it offers the best of both worlds. You get tasty potatoes and hard-cooked egg, along with a creamy dressing. Accents of green onion and celery add contrasting textures in this salad, and it is sure to hit the spot whether you serve it on a bed of lettuce or as a side dish for meat or chicken. Although we prefer this salad served warm, leftovers are just as good served chilled, so keep what you do not use in the refrigerator in a covered container.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2644 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)