Green Bean and Potato Salad Recipe with a Rosemary Vinaigrette
Grilled green beans taste wonderful and they are paired with grilled new potatoes in this grilled salad recipe. A tasty rosemary vinaigrette finishes the salad off wonderfully. You can serve this potato and green beans grilled salad chilled but it is delicious served warm, just after the potatoes and beans have finished grilling.
The onion is not cooked so it adds a satisfying crunch to the finished salad. This is a very healthy grilled vegetables recipes and serves four people as a side dish. The vinegar, rosemary, salt, and black pepper provide all the flavor you need to set off the delicious grilled vegetable flavors.
There are not many ingredients in this recipe, which means you will be able to taste each one, so use good quality ingredients when making this salad. The dressing is made by combining oil and vinegar with rosemary. The potatoes are boiled, the beans are grilled, and all the other ingredients are tossed together.
Add your homemade vinaigrette and serve this salad warm for the best results. This recipe has some components in common with salad niçoise – the potatoes and beans, but it is also a unique dish which makes a lovely lunch or appetizer. Warm salads are suitable for all occasions and seasons, and this would be nice served at anything from a casual family meal to a dinner party, and because it is served warm you can even serve it during the cooler months.
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 lb small new potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound green beans
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 12 capers
- 12 black olive halves
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the vinegar and rosemary in a blender until smooth. Gradually add ¾ of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Strain into a bowl and preheat the grill to medium.
- Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the oil mixture and adjust the seasoning.
- Toss the green beans with the rest of the olive oil and grill them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place them in a large bowl and toss with ¼ cup of the vinaigrette.
- Grill the potatoes, skin side down, until golden. Turn them over and keep grilling until they are cooked through. Add the green beans to the potatoes.
- Add the red onion, capers and black olive halves.
- Drizzle with the rest of the vinaigrette and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Serve straight away so the potatoes and beans are still warm.
This warm potato and green bean salad makes a wonderful lunch, or you can serve it as an appetizer. Feel free to add other ingredients if you wish, such as boiled egg quarters or walnut halves, or just make it as it is. If you want this to be more satisfying and serve it as a meal in its own right, you might like to add a drained can of tuna or some chopped chicken. Crusty bread on the side also complements this dish. The photo shows how colorful and green this salad looks, the red onion and olives adding splashes of color.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8812 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)