Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn
I think by now you know I run more than one website on different food topics (if you missed the memo I think it is 15 but who’s counting) I do this because quite frankly one I have no life, and two I love food, that simple. Loving food is a true passion of mine but what I love most is verity so I cover different subjects on different days which allow me to go down many food paths. I have been doing this for a very longtime in Internet terms I am Coke. I think I may even out date Google themselves.
Now the beauty of doing this is I can take so many different directions and still fit in somewhere. I am lucky over the years and have teamed up with some fantastic people that help me keep the wheels and frying pans well oiled – olive of course. One of my oldest niches is Mexican food I just love the stuff and I love the whole feel of anything smelling of it and recently expanded my Mexican site to cover both sides of the boarder.
See what I have come to realize over all these years is great food is happening all around us and not just in my neck of the woods but in every corner of the globe. I happen to be fortunate to work with people from other countries and we realize that food is the one thing that brings us all closer. So although ten years ago I might not have done a salad like this today I realize it is all good, bring it all on the more the merrier. Don’t judge food by anything other than does it taste good and understand there are many flavors to life and the world. Enjoy them all life is too short as it is I still have loads more recipes in me.
- 1 pound smoked Andouille sausage, sliced ⅛ inch thick
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, skin on large cubes
- 1 15 ounce can of whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup scallions, diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2½ tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt fresh ground black pepper
- 1 San Marcos Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce (optional adjust to personal heat level)
- Fresh cilantro roughly torn
- In a stockpot bring two quarts of salted water to a rapid boil. Add your cubed potatoes to the water and cook for fifteen or until a fork goes in easy over a medium heat, careful not to overcook they should still be a bit firm to the fork you want them to hold together in the salad.
- Drain the water and place them in a large glass bowl for mixing and allow cooling.
- When cool add the corn, and mix genteelly, season with a bit of salt and fresh pepper.
- Slice your Andouille sausage and place in a separate bowl for now.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to your blender and pulse a few times on medium speed until everything is smooth and the chipotle if using is pureed and well incorporated, place everything in the refrigerator to chill awhile.
- When everything is cool remove from the refrigerator and fold the dressing into the corn and potato mixture until well blended.
- Sample and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and more of the chipotle chili powder if necessary.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least a few hours overnight is best.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator and spoon into individual bowls and add some of the Andouille sausage.
- Sprinkle some diced scallions and fresh cilantro roughly torn randomly on top.
This is a Southwestern meets Cajun fusion kind of feel to it and if you are not into heat either leave out of the dressing the chipotle in the sauce or temper how much of it you use based on what you like. I am not suggesting an amount here and stating it is optional as everyone’s heat threshold is different and I don’t want rude comments about starting fires or being an arsonist. All kidding aside make it the way you like some like there salad spicy some like it very mellow this one can go either way you like it.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)