Awesome Mexican Potato Salad with Alioli, Chili, and Coriander
Not just for summer, salad recipes such as potato salad with chili coriander and alioli are enjoyed all year round. There are many forms of salads. Serve them hot, warm, or cold. Potato salad is delicious regardless of the temperature called for in the recipe, although chilled potato salad is the favorite type. What makes salads so popular? Much of it has to do with the many ingredients that combine to make the finished product. Shrimp, seasoned hamburger, cheese, pomegranate seeds, or pears add an extra pizzazz to salads and can turn it into an elegant main dish.
Mustard is one of the more common ingredients in potato salad. There are quite a few varieties of sweet mustards used for dips, dressings, and glaze. Honey mustard is extremely popular. Other great flavors include sesame ginger mustard, sweet and hot mustard and maple mustard. Honey mustard is easy to make by combining equal amounts of mustard and honey. Adding a bit of olive oil and white vinegar turns the honey mustard combination into a dressing.
Hot mustards are popular also and really cover mustards that are prepared to bring out the pleasantly spicy flavors present in mustard seeds. Some of the mustards that have been made spicy with peppers and other ingredients still are included in the category of hot mustards, however, such as chipotle pepper, horseradish mustard and jalapeno mustard. Try different mustard varieties in a small bowl of potato salad. Let it chill in the refrigerator overnight so the tastes blend. If you like the flavor, add it to the next potato salad you make.
- 3 pounds cooked white potatoes
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- ½ Vidalia onion
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- One 4ounce can chopped green chili
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 ripe pear, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Make the dressing first. Put the water, lime juice, chili, garlic, olive oil, honey, and pear into the blender and blend on high. Add the coriander leaves and let set while preparing the other ingredients.
- Use a large bowl for making the salad. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch chunks, dropping directly into the bowl. Dice the celery and add it to the potatoes.
- Slice the hardboiled eggs and cut into small bits. Add to the bowl. Chop the onion, adding the pieces to the bowl. Gently toss the items to mix.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and stir with a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Creamy white chunks of potatoes flaunt the blend of delicious dressing and colorful herbs. Various ingredients assure a flavorful delight for dinner tonight, including the hint of pear mixed in with the salad. Potato salad with chili coriander and alioli is a treat and one of the best potato salad recipes you will find. Variety is the spice of life, after all. With so many thousands of ingredients and ways to prepare salads it is good to know this recipe will become a special favorite. Select several bowls to feature your potato salads this summer. Show off your beautiful creation.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)