Healthy and Easy Recipe for Pasta Salad
What an easy dish this is to prepare. Requiring very few ingredients and the minimum of effort, this salad is great for any occasion, whether you are feeding a crowd, making something simple for a hungry family, or catering for a buffet table. In fact, this is an easy recipe for pasta salad which is suitable for even the least experienced home cook. There is no need to visit an Italian restaurant when you fancy a pasta salad. Instead you can make it yourself at home.
Your family will love this and ask for more because the flavor is so simple yet so great. The soft pasta and mushrooms contrast beautifully with the crunchy bell pepper and onions, and the parmesan adds a distinctive Italian flavor. Italian dressing is the obvious dressing to use here, although you could use sour cream or mayonnaise if you prefer a creamier result.
Feel free to adapt the recipe. You could add some fresh herbs, perhaps basil or cilantro, or maybe some fresh or sundried tomatoes, or even some chopped mozzarella, chopped fruit or olives. The only rule with this easy recipe for pasta salad is everything must be bite-size, so it is easy to eat. Also, if you are using anything moist like pineapple chunks or sundried tomatoes, blot these ingredients on paper towels first.
- 10 oz fusilli pasta
- ½ chopped green bell pepper
- ½ chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ¾ cup Italian dressing
- Salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Cook the fusilli in boiled salted water until soft.
- Rinse it under cold water and drain.
- Stir the pasta with the bell pepper, parmesan, onion and mushrooms, in a bowl.
- Pour enough dressing over the pasta to coat.
- Add salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Toss well, then refrigerate until chilled.
Making an easy recipe for pasta salad is something every home cook should learn how to do, because this is such a versatile dish. Serve it as a side dish, as a meal in its own right, as a snack, or serve it family-style with plenty of other goodies. Use your favorite kind of pasta and simply cook it in salted water until it is al dente (soft but not mushy) then drain and toss with chopped veggies and your favorite salad dressing. It could not be easier to prepare a simple pasta salad, and everyone loves the flavors and textures it offers.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8890 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3360 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3312 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3169 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2673 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2458 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2417 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2388 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2348 Views)