Easy Orzo Pasta Salad Recipes
This fantastic salad is made with orzo pasta, as well as tasty veggies, feta cheese and Italian dressing. Orzo is the Italian word for barley, and it is a type of short-cut macaroni which is shaped like rice. Orzo can be added to soups or stews, baked in casseroles or used to make orzo pasta salad recipes. If you have never used it before, you might want to experiment with it now.
How do you chiffonade spinach, you might be wondering, since that is one of the ingredients listed. This is actually very straightforward. Put a few leaves together and roll them up from the long side. Use a sharp knife to cut thin slices like you would cut cinnamon rolls. This will give you lots of thin strips of spinach. Keep the spinach refrigerated until it is time to serve the salad.
The salad is flavored and dressed with Italian dressing and you can choose your favorite brand. You might even like to make your own dressing. Something like this white wine vinegar dressing would work very nicely too, so if is up to you whether you want to make your own dressing or buy one.
- ¾ cup Italian dressing
- 1½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- ½ cup chiffonade-cut spinach
- 20 halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz chopped feta cheese
- ½ diced red onion
- ¼ chopped yellow bell pepper
- 6 basil sprigs, for garnish
- Prepare the orzo, following the directions on the package.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss the orzo with the onion, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and feta.
- Stir in ½ cup of the dressing.
- Chill for an hour, then stir in the spinach and cheese.
- Add the remaining dressing if needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil sprigs.
This tasty, colorful salad is made with orzo pasta, and features healthy ingredients like tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and more. Serve this for lunch or what about making it as a side dish for sausages, steak or chicken? This recipe is versatile and easily adaptable. Throw in any of your favorite veggies, or use a different dressing to make it unique and put your own stamp on it. You will find orzo pasta salad recipes like this very simple to prepare, and you will love the fresh flavors this recipe offers.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8792 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3120 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)