Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna
So one of the big debates I have with the site is what kind of salad to do next. You would think with a site about one subject that would be easy but really this salad site actual seems to cover more sometimes then full ethnic cuisine sites do. I mean there are so many ways to make salad and they all have their own distinct character and just because you like one doesn’t mean someone will too.
I mean there is a huge difference between say a pasta salad and a garden salad, or one featuring rice or potatoes. Everyone has a different thought come into their mind when you ask them what their favorite salad is. So see it is a challenge to keep all these competing ideas and thoughts in balance I mean I do not want a 100 of one kind and then practically neglect another. So it is a constant battle to keep a balanced approach to content creation and what I add to next.
Today I chose this pasta salad recipe because it is kind of two salads in one on one hand it is a distinct pasta salad it has penne pasta so definitely a pasta salad. On the other hand it has tuna so it is also a tuna salad so by doing this I kind of keep two of the above competing groups happy at once. To top that off it only uses a handful of on hand kind of ingredients so it is also a simple salad Wahoo a third group happy and to top it off it all taste incredible ok so now I am happy. I always try and bring you recipes that will make you happy.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- ½ a red bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 can chunk light tuna in water, drained
- ¼ cup favorite zesty Italian salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- In a stock pot bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil and add a few drops of oil, when boiling add the penne and cook until slightly al dente.
- Drain and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- In a large glass bowl combine all ingredients removing pasta from fridge and toss until everything is coated with the dressing, add a bit more dressing if it seems to dry and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for an hour and to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled with a few basil leaves to garnish.
If you are looking for a quick pasta salad for a hot summer night or just as a nice lunch this recipe features tuna and pasta along with corn, and bell pepper to make a nice and refreshing treat. It does not take a lot of ingredients and you can use whatever brand of Italian dressing you prefer. I recommend a robust or spicier one to give a bit of a zing to the pasta and tuna it will make the whole dish come alive with flavor.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)