One of the Best Macaroni Salad Recipe Italian Style
Combining macaroni with salad vegetables and other flavorful ingredients is a quick and easy way to make a buffet dish, a healthy lunch, or a side dish. The following recipe combines mouthwatering macaroni with olives, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes for an Italian-inspired flavor, and the salad is tossed with a red wine, mustard, garlic and herb dressing which really brings the flavors to life.
You can serve this warm or chilled. If the macaroni is still warm when you toss it with the other ingredients, the cheese will melt slightly. If it is cold, the cheese will not melt, so bear this in mind when choosing whether to make a warm macaroni salad recipe or a cold one. You can make this in advance and refrigerate it for a few hours if you want. If you are in a rush, just start measuring out the ingredients for the dressing while the macaroni is cooking. You can them empty the olives and tomatoes into the pasta, throw in the cheese and then add the dressing as soon as the pasta has drained. The cool dressing and other ingredients will bring the overall temperature down to make this a macaroni salad recipe rather than a hot pasta recipe.
Salad recipes with lettuce are no good made in advance because the dressing and even the juice from the tomatoes or other vegetables makes the lettuce slimy. Every ingredient in this macaroni salad is fine to be combined and left in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it so, if it makes sense for you to make this in advance, do not be afraid to do so.
- 1 lb package macaroni pasta shells
- Small can black olives, drained
- 6 oz diced mozzarella cheese
- Small package cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Cook the macaroni in lightly salted boiling water until al dente, following the cooking instructions on the package.
- Drain the macaroni and let it cool, then toss it with the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and olives.
- Whisk the vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard seed, basil, oregano, and garlic together, to make the dressing.
- Toss the macaroni mixture with the dressing.
This simple yet delicious salad combines cooked macaroni with tomatoes, olives, and mozzarella. Even though that sounds simple, you can see from the picture how appetizing this really is. In addition to the basic salad ingredients, this Italian macaroni salad recipe features a homemade garlic and herb vinaigrette to boost the overall appeal and flavor of the dish. Serve this with poached or grilled chicken or top it with a few sautéed shrimp to make a satisfying lunch or serve it in a big bowl as a buffet table centerpiece. This is a really delicious macaroni salad and you can serve it warm or chilled.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)