Italian Macaroni Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Whether you choose to serve this as a standalone meal or a side dish, you will love the Italian inspired flavors. The toasted pine nuts add a rich, smoky flavor and the onion, mozzarella, olives, capers, and tomatoes offer a summertime Mediterranean taste. You can use halved or quartered cherry tomatoes instead of the diced tomatoes if you prefer. You can even boil whole tomatoes for a couple of minutes to soften them and then peel the skin off and dice them after they cool down. It is up to you; just choose the kind of tomatoes you prefer. Likewise, you can swap the macaroni for pasta shells, spirals or another shape.
This macaroni salad recipe is easy enough for cooking amateurs to master in no time. It is just a question of combining cooked macaroni with other ingredients, and adjusting the quantities and seasonings until the salad looks and tastes just right. You might like to add a pinch of sugar or cayenne pepper if you want a stronger flavor, or you can go heavier with the balsamic vinegar, or add something else. Be imaginative with this macaroni salad recipe and make it unique.
A macaroni salad recipe is one of the most popular salads ever and you can usually find at least one macaroni salad recipe at a big buffet or event. Because there are so many ways to make this dish, some buffets feature a few different macaroni salads. You might find one Italian one, a curried one, and perhaps a warm one too, or one with seafood, ham or beef. Macaroni is a good ingredient to use because it is affordable to buy and simple to cook. You can combine pretty much any fruit, vegetable, meat, fish and dressings with it, to make a great macaroni salad recipe.
- 1 lb macaroni
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 10 oz diced mozzarella
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 12 black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Cook the macaroni in salted water.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan for a couple of minutes.
- Drain and rinse the macaroni with cold water.
- Drain it and transfer it to a big bowl.
- Add the onion, mozzarella, olive oil, pine nuts, tomatoes, olive, and capers.
- Add salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar, to taste.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
This macaroni salad recipe is very easy to make. Combining tomatoes, olives, capers, pine nuts and more, this simple dish makes a wonderful side dish if you are having chicken or steak. It is also good as a standalone meal, perhaps for lunch or supper. Kids and adults love macaroni and a macaroni salad recipe makes a delicious summertime meal. This recipe features toasted pine nuts which are aromatic and delicious, as well as mozzarella, capers and more. The salad can be chilled for a few hours, to let the flavors intensify, and then you can garnish it with fresh herbs to add more color.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)