Egg and Celery Macaroni Salad Recipe
The onion, carrot, and celery in this recipe add a nice crunch to the macaroni salad and the mustard, thyme, salt and mayonnaise combination makes a simple yet totally delicious salad dressing. This tasty salad could not be easier to make and it is perfect for any season or occasion. If you want to adapt it or build on the basic recipe, try adding blue cheese or feta cheese. Cheddar would also work in place of the Swiss cheese. You can add any leftover cooked veggies you like, as long as you cut them up into small chunks. Nothing in a salad should be too big to pick up on your fork.
Macaroni can be swapped for any pasta shape in many macaroni salad recipes but it is a very popular ingredient in salads. This elbow-shaped type of pasta works well with both oil-based and cream-based salad dressings. This delicious recipe is perfect for a buffet or picnic and it is also a delicious side dish for your next backyard barbecue. Serve this with your grilled chicken or steak and your guests will love it. A macaroni salad recipe is often seen as summertime food but there is nothing wrong with making this at other times of the year instead. A macaroni salad recipe would also go nicely with a cooked steak or some sausages.
To stop the macaroni from absorbing too much dressing, ensure it is totally cold before combining it with the other ingredients. The hard-boiled egg and paprika make an attractive garnish and their flavors suit the salad really well. Sliced of egg go well with plenty of macaroni salad recipes actually so if you have some eggs to use up, why not add them to your favorite macaroni salad recipe or pasta salad recipes?
- 1 cup cooked, drained elbow macaroni or medium shells
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup sliced celery
- ½ carrot, in thin matchsticks
- 2 sliced hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Toss the cooked macaroni with the cheese, onion, carrot, and celery.
- Stir the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and thyme together to make the dressing.
- Combine the macaroni salad with the dressing.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with the hard-boiled egg and sprinkle a little paprika over the macaroni salad before serving.
This is a great macaroni salad recipe idea. You just need to stir cooked macaroni with crunchy ingredients like celery, carrot, and onion and stir in a simple yet mouthwatering homemade dressing. Garnish the salad with fresh parsley, hard-boiled egg slices and paprika and it is all ready to serve. Whether you are making this macaroni salad recipe for lunch or as a side dish, it is sure to be appreciated. The flavors go together beautifully and the crunchy items add to the overall texture, offering a nice contrast. This is one of the most easy macaroni salad recipes ever.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8891 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3360 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3312 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3169 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2673 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2460 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2430 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2418 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2390 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2348 Views)