Creamy Bell Pepper and Macaroni Salad Recipe
This creamy macaroni salad recipe features bell pepper and corn, as well as eggs and macaroni. The dressing is homemade and delicious. The sour cream and mayonnaise gives it a smooth, creamy texture and the garlic, red wine vinegar and other ingredients add piquancy and flavor.
This mouthwatering macaroni salad recipe is great for any occasion and the fact that it is so easy to make means it might become a regular recipe in your household. If you are in a real rush, you can use ranch dressing (or your favorite creamy dressing) rather than making your own. Blue cheese dressing would also be nice with this macaroni salad recipe. You do not have to follow the recipe word for word. If you have some leftover veggies to use up or you want to change the dressing, go for it.
Make this salad creative, exciting, and deliciously unique! If you are new to making pasta salad recipes, you will find this macaroni salad a breeze to put together. You can even use leftover macaroni to make it. It is best to start with cold macaroni, rather than macaroni which is still warm from the pot, so you can either spread it over a baking sheet in one layer to cool down or rinse it under cold running water. Rinsing it will cool it down right away, so that would be the fastest and probably easiest solution.
- 1 lb macaroni
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- ½ diced green bell pepper
- 1 small can corn, drained
- 3 sliced hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Cook the macaroni in salted water, following the instructions on the package.
- Add the bell pepper in the final 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain the bell pepper and macaroni mixture and toss it with the corn and sliced eggs in a big bowl.
- Combine the water, red wine vinegar, onion, and garlic in a small pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the sugar and simmer until it dissolves.
- Let the dressing cool to room temperature, then stir in the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the macaroni mixture with the dressing and toss well.
- You might not need to use all the dressing.
You can tell this is going to be a luxuriously creamy macaroni salad recipe just by looking at it. The bell pepper adds color and the egg adds a wonderful flavor. You can serve this just as it is, or liven up the presentation by adding a sprig of fresh mint, parsley, or basil. Cilantro would also work. This delicious macaroni salad recipe is great as a side dish and it is sure to disappear fast at a buffet or potluck supper. Why not serve this as a side dish if you are having a backyard barbecue? It is guaranteed to be popular.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8790 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)