Complete Macaroni Salad with an Easy Macaroni Salad Dressing
Macaroni is such a versatile ingredient and it can be used to make hot recipes like mac and cheese or other macaroni-based dishes, or used to make macaroni salad recipes, richly flavored with fresh vegetables and perhaps fruit, nuts or other tasty ingredients. The following recipe shows you how to make a wonderful macaroni salad, complete with a lime and cilantro macaroni salad dressing.
You can serve this with grilled marinated steaks or chicken or with burgers, or take it along to a potluck dinner or serve it at your next barbecue. Rather than just give you a recipe for the macaroni salad dressing, it is better to detail how to make the whole dish so you can prepare this wonderful recipe without wondering about quantities or ingredients.
Pasta is a budget ingredient which can be served hot or cold, with any kind of meat, fish, poultry or seafood. It is great with cheese or vegetables, and you can cook it to al dente or softer if you prefer. Kids love pasta, and macaroni especially, as much as the grownups do, making this a great dish to consider because you can be sure everyone will enjoy it and it makes a wonderful lunch, snack or side dish. Making this recipe is really simple whether you make the recipe as it is or tweak it to your taste.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 15oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels, drained
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ cups uncooked macaroni
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Cook the pasta, following the instructions on the package.
- Drain it in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Combine the cooled macaroni with the bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, corn, beans, garlic, and cilantro and toss to blend.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl and stir to blend.
- Pour the macaroni salad dressing over the macaroni mixture and stir to blend.
- Chill for 30 minutes then serve.
Not only is this a very taste macaroni salad but it is also very simple to make. Once you have cooked and drained your macaroni, you just need to toss it with the other ingredients. Serve this for lunch or a snack, or as a side dish paired with steak, chicken, fish, or any other kind of protein. You will find the whole family loves this dish including the kids and you can sneak all kinds of nutritious vegetables into a creamy macaroni salad and the kids will not even mind because the salad tastes so great.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)