Low Carb Salad Dressing Recipe with Poppy Seeds
The following low carb salad dressing recipe is made with poppy seeds, Splenda, mayonnaise, vinegar and Half & Half for a delicious and creamy result. A potential problem with low carb diets is that they can often be high in fat, so using reduced-fat mayonnaise helps with this problem. If you are looking for low carb but not low fat (for example, if you are following an Atkins diet and looking for a good Atkins salad dressing recipe) then you could use regular mayonnaise here. It is up to you which kind you go for. Remember you will only be having a tablespoon or two of this with your salad which is really very little.
The poppy seeds are an unusual ingredient and as well as looking interesting in the finished low carb sugar free salad dressing, they do add a nice crunch. If you cannot find poppy seeds you can omit them, else replace them with something similar. An Asian style salad would be good with sesame seeds instead of the poppy seeds. If you want to use these, toast them (cook them in a dry pan over a low heat, tossing often, until golden brown) before adding them to the sauce; the flavor will be much more intense that way.
- ¾ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup Splenda (or similar)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ cup Half & Half
- Whisk the ingredients together and refrigerate the dressing until required.
- Drizzle it over your favorite salad just before serving.
Eating a low-carb diet does not mean you have to miss out on salad dressings. In fact, since a lot of them are based on mayonnaise, sour cream, oil, vinegar, and ingredients like that, a lot of salad dressings are naturally low in carbohydrates. The problem is when you buy commercial dressings from the store and find sugar and other ingredients on the label you do not want to have. You do not have to miss the sweet taste though, but have it in the form of Splenda or similar rather than sugar. Try this creamy dressing over mixed leaves, adding some crumbled cheese, strawberries and chicken to the plate perhaps.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)