Special Features of the Ham Salad Sandwich Recipe
There are several special features of the ham salad sandwich, such as the delicious mixture possible for ham salad sandwiches. Leftover ham is a wonderful treat and after the conventional split pea soup with the bone and a few shreds of ham and the delicious ham and cheese omelet, it is definitely time for lunch and delicious sandwiches. The ham salad and pineapple rings sandwich not only helps use up the extra ham from large family and friend events, it uses up the remaining pineapple rings.
Ham sandwiches go better with many different kinds of foods, like cheese, sweet relish, mustard, celery, and eggs. Whether you want to use wheat rolls, sourdough bread or hamburger buns, all breads, even rye and caraway seed, are excellent accompaniments to ham salad sandwiches. Toss in more crunchy items like sunflower seeds, radishes, raisins, or olives and find out how easy it is to make the old blah recipe simply delicious. One family favorite might be Ranch dressing in place of ordinary salad dressing.
For a great additional dish, mix up some coleslaw to serve with the sandwich and set out the pitted olives, as well. If this is going to be dinner and you want to have a dessert, think of serving coconut cream or lemon meringue pie. A tall glass of iced water is always welcome with a filling meal like this, as is coffee or tea. One of the best features of ham salad sandwiches is that they are delicious. In case there is ham left over, it is wonderful in macaroni and cheese, once more turning an ordinary dish into something spectacular.
- 3 cups chopped ham
- 3 tablespoons mustard (French's Yellow or Grey Poupon)
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- One head or bunch of lettuce
- ½ cup salad dressing
- ⅓ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 12 rings of canned pineapple
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ Vidalia onion
- 6 fresh sandwich rolls or buns from the bakery (or bake your own)
- Put the pineapple rings in a bowl with their juice and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Put the chopped ham into a large mixing bowl. Add the mustard, salad dressing, and relish. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir again.
- Add the chopped eggs to the bowl.
- Slice the celery thin. Peel and chop the onion. Add to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and let chill an hour or more.
- Trim the bottoms off the lettuce. Rinse and spread out on paper towels to dry.
- Cut the rolls in half, sandwich style (refer to picture).
- Spread some mayonnaise or salad dressing to the inner top and bottom of each roll. Place an open roll on each plate.
- Remove the ham mixture from the refrigerator and pile the mix on each roll (refer to picture).
- Set one or two pineapple rings to the side of each sandwich for a garnish.
- Serve with a beautiful napkin and a nice salad fork, which will help pare down the plentiful ham mix and enable the family and guests to eat the pineapple rings neatly.
It is hard to resist the appearance of this delicious ham salad sandwich served on a delicious roll fresh from the bakery. Simply add the ham, cut into small chunks, to the mix of mayonnaise, onions, and celery. Placed on a bed of fresh lettuce, the plentiful filling finds it hard to stay within the confines of the bun. The lettuce helps hold the mixture. Pineapple rings are set to the side of the sandwich as an additional part of the meal and offer a very tasty addition to the ham. Serve with iced water, perfect for this delicious offering.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16861 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8881 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3307 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3166 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2667 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2539 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2455 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2427 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2415 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2385 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2345 Views)