One of the Best Ham Salad Recipes
Hams are popular items when serving holiday meals or holding reunions. Normally the leftovers end up as fried ham for breakfast and ham and lima beans or ham and Navy beans for another dinner. Perhaps ham is sliced and laid flat between two slices of bread, with lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard and that is totally delicious. It is always nice, though, to prepare something different to give the family another selection and frilly leaf lettuce makes a delicious salad with any ingredients.
If you have yet to try vinaigrette dressings, you are in for a pleasant surprise. There are many varieties on the market and you can try your hand at making one of the many recipes available. There are few better ways to keep the family eating healthy foods like salad than by adding a palate-pleasing dressing. There are no hidden surprises in this dish, since the ingredients are out in the open where they belong. Crisp lettuce, crunchy cucumber and tangy dressing all add to the wonderful taste of the ham.
If there are other raw veggies that your family likes to eat, like radishes, spinach, or Swiss chard, add them to salads like Frilly Ham Salad and watch the enjoyment level increase at suppertime. Creativity and diversity are two of the best features of any popular restaurant and your kitchen will quickly become one of the best-known secrets around as other people request your recipe for one dish or another that someone has commented on during a conversation with someone else. Even when it is a meal for one, making it creative and unusual adds a pleasant twist to dining.
- 2 cups ham, cut into small cubes (refer to picture)
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 2 bunches leaf lettuce or 1 head Bibb lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stalk celery
- ¼ Vidalia onion
- Ranch dressing or vinaigrette
- Put the cubed ham into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and slice the cucumber to make small chunks and put them in the bowl with the ham.
- Slice the celery into small slices and add to the ham.
- Peel and chop the onion and add it to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- If you are adding any other vegetables, prepare and add them now. Radishes and water chestnuts are two options.
- Peel the hardboiled eggs and chop into small pieces. Put into the bowl.
- Toss the ingredients to mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Trim the bottom off the lettuce. Wash the leaves and spread them out on paper towels to dry.
- Place the lettuce on four separate plates with the frilly tops showing. Add the ham mixture to each plate (refer to the picture for an example). If you are using a ring of hardboiled egg, place it to the side of each plate.
- Put the dressing, salt and pepper on the table.
- Lemonade is a great beverage to accompany this salad. Serve with warm rolls or saltine crackers.
It is always nice to see a refreshing salad displayed on a beautiful plate. Knowing that you are about to serve or eat something delicious certainly helps ease the hunger pangs. This is an incredibly creative ham salad on leaf lettuce, perhaps Bibb lettuce, frilly and crispy with chopped onions, sliced celery and peeled and cut cucumber. The extra effort for the evenly cubed ham makes it more special and the hardboiled egg can be sliced, halved, or cubed. Ranch or vinaigrette dressing is perfect for the topping and the fork indicates someone went off to the refrigerator to choose.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8790 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)