Heavenly Ham Rollups with Egg and Cheese Salad
This easy recipe is ideal if you want to make ham-based appetizers for a dinner party, if you are catering for a buffet, if you want to present your cheesy egg salad in something other than a sandwich form, or if you fancy an unusual salad for dinner. Ham salad recipes often contain eggs or cheese because these ingredients are good together.
The rolled-up slices of ham contain a mouthwatering combination of cheese, egg, celery, and green onion in a mustard mayonnaise sauce. The green onion and celery add crunch and you can add any kind of cheese to the egg salad. The ingredients list suggests a mozzarella and cheddar blend but this is only one idea and there are plenty of other kinds of cheese you can experiment with, any of which would work nicely. If you want to add some chopped sundried tomatoes or a pinch of chili powder to liven up the filling, go for it and make this dish uniquely your own.
The ham rollups are wrapped in green onions strips or, if you have no green onions, you can use chives instead, or even leave the wrappings off altogether. Present the ham rollups seam side down. These are for eating with cutlery rather than the thinner type of rollups that you can eat with the fingers.
- 2 cups grated mozzarella and cheddar blend (or your favorite cheese blend)
- 4 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ diced celery stalk
- 4 green onions
- 8 slices cooked ham
- 4 sliced radishes
- ¼ sliced cucumber
- 8 large salad leaves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Stir the mustard and a pinch each of salt and pepper into the mayonnaise.
- Finely dice one of the green onions and cut the others into thin strips.
- Stir the eggs, celery, diced green onion, and cheese together.
- Combine the mayonnaise mixture with the cheese mixture to make the filling.
- Divide the filling mixture between the ham slices to make 8 filled ham rollups.
- Wrap a strip or 2 of green onion around each one.
- Serve the ham rollups on a bed of salad leaves.
- Garnish one side of the plate with the sliced cucumber and the other with the slide radishes.
- Add the fresh parsley sprigs and serve.
Arranging the ham rollups in a row like in the photo makes them look really appealing. This recipe is great if you want to make an unusual appetizer recipe. It is also almost carb-free so if you are following a low carb diet and looking for low carb salad ideas, this one might be worth considering. The creamy egg filling and ham go together really nicely and the cucumber and radish slices make a colorful garnish. This ham salad recipe is ideal for any season or occasion and it is a very easy recipe to put together.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3325 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2409 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)