Ham Pasta Salad with a Creamy Dressing
This recipe makes a nice lunch. It would also be a great dinner for a hot summer evening, served al fresco with perhaps a bottle of white wine and also some crusty buttered bread on the side to make it more substantial. Whatever meal you choose to serve this ham pasta salad recipe at, you can rest assured everyone will like it. Use plain penne or tricolor penne (green, orange, and white) for this. The ham, carrot, bell pepper, olives, and celery give a great flavor contrast and plenty of crunch. The creamy dressing is quite thick but that suits the overall style of the salad. Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and olive oil combine to produce the tasty dressing and you can also stir in some snipped chives or basil if you fancy either of those.
This is one of the best pasta salad recipes to make if you want to make a satisfying lunch. The ham and vegetables pair well with the pasta and the dressing is beautiful. As is the norm with pasta salad recipes, you can alter the ingredients if you like, making minor changes such as switching the yellow bell pepper for red bell pepper, or bigger ones like using cooked shredded chicken instead of the ham. If you want to use seafood in this, you can use chopped imitation crab or flaked tuna instead of the ham. The end result will be just as tasty.
This recipe makes two servings so feel free to double or triple it, to make a family meal, or even make a lot more, perhaps in batches, if you want to serve it at a potluck supper or buffet. Both adults and kids will enjoy the range of textures and flavors in this dish and it is one of the most flavorful pasta salad recipes that you can make.
- 3 ½ oz penne pasta
- 4 oz cubed ham
- 1 peeled, cubed carrot
- ½ diced yellow bell pepper
- 8 sliced black olives
- 2 sliced celery stalks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Cook the pasta, following the directions on the package.
- Add the cubed carrot 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and carrot and toss with the ham, bell pepper, olives, and celery.
- Stir the olive oil with the mustard, mayonnaise, and Greek yogurt to make the dressing.
- If the dressing is too thick for you, thin it with extra oil.
- Toss the pasta salad with the creamy dressing.
If you like creamy pasta salad recipes, this photo should capture your interest. The ham, pasta, olives, and vegetables are tossed in a creamy mustard and Greek yogurt mixture. In fact, the salad dressing only has four ingredients so it is simple to prepare. Add some mayonnaise and olive oil to the mustard and yogurt and you will have a thick, rich salad dressing which is far superior to anything you could get in the grocery store. This delicious pasta salad recipe is perfect for a casual lunch, a picnic or buffet table, or even an al fresco supper when the weather is nice.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)