Delicious Ham Vegetable Salad
There are many times when a crisp salad with a mixture of delicious ingredients sounds like just the perfect thing for lunch or dinner. Sometimes it is tempting to use whatever is handy and other times it is very nice to create a salad with a particular favorite recipe because you already know you will like it. The Delicious Vegetable and Ham Salad is one of those recipes. Serve it on a beautiful salad plate or serve it up as a delicious sandwich in a fresh, soft roll. Either way, it will add a pleasurable feature to the day.
Have you ever wondered why some salads are plain and delicious and other salads are elaborate and overwhelming? There are just enough things in salad recipes like this to make them perfect. If you add or delete a couple of items you do or do not care for, the tasty ingredients will still be there. Some people like hardboiled egg with their salad and if you do, slice it in half lengthwise and serve it to the side of the dish.
There is something special about sweet pickle relish in any kind of ham salad, whether eating it as a sandwich, single salad or with other ingredients. Mayonnaise is a vital ingredient to the salad because it helps hold the different things together. You can safely substitute the mayonnaise with salad dressing, which adds just a bit more sweet taste to the salad. This is the time to use your homemade sweet relish or buy the good brand, with just a bit of juice and a lot of good flavor. Mint iced tea is a great drink to serve.
- 2 cups ham, cut into thin, small pieces (refer to picture)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 8 to 10 stuffed green olives, sliced thin
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup Edam cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup blue vein cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 radishes, washed and sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons celery, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley washed and chopped
- 4 sprigs parsley for garnish
- 4 small or 2 large rolls French bread
- Put the ham into a medium mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, relish, and mustard. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cucumber, onion, celery, olives and radishes. Mix well.
- Put the tablespoon of fresh parsley, salt, pepper, Edam, and blue vein cheeses into the mix and stir in with the wooden spoon. Add a bit more mayonnaise if the ham salad looks too dry for your taste.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour to chill.
- Serve on individual salad plates with parsley added for the garnish. Have the bread accessible for those who care to eat it separately with the salad or want to make a sandwich with part of the salad.
Celebrate the season of salads anytime with this delightful vegetable and ham salad. There are a few salads known to spell total satisfaction for quite a few people. This delicious vegetable and ham salad is one of them. Add a roll of soft sweet French bread to accompany the incredible thin bits of ham and cucumbers, delicately cut in small pieces. When you mix in thin chunks of radishes chopped into bits with the crumbles and cubes of blue cheese and Edam cheese, the result is a yummy combination of everything good. The parsley sprig is a very elegant garnish.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)