Warm Grilled Veggie Salad
This grilled salad combines warm grilled vegetables with salad greens and Parmesan. The Parmesan melts slightly when you scatter it over the hot vegetables and the combination of colors in this vegetable salad recipe is just as pleasing as the combination of soft warm ingredients with crunchy cold ingredients.
This is a very healthy grilled salad and you can serve a vegetables salad as an appetizer, side dish or main meal, making it very versatile. Feel free to alter which vegetables you use. Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and cauliflower are equally good in this grilled vegetables salad and you can try different herbs too if you want.
Salad is always a good option and there are salad recipes for every season and occasion. Most of us have our favorites. However it is all too easy to get tired of the same old salads over and over. This is why we love this grilled vegetable salad, because it offers crunch and color, along with being warm which is nice as well.
You can either make this using a cast iron grill pan or griddle pan on the stove, or fire up the barbeque. If you cook them on the barbeque you will also get a nice smoky aroma which complements the vegetables. Are you having people over? If so, how about cooking some chicken or steak, and then teaming it with this warm grilled veggies salad. Everyone is sure to love the different flavors and textures, and you will find this a very easy recipe to make.
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and in 1 inch strips
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and in 1 inch strips
- 6 spears asparagus, in 1 inch pieces
- 2 sticks celery, in 1-inch pieces
- 6 florets broccoli
- ½ red onion, thickly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch arugula
- ¼ cup Parmesan shavings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl and stir in the bell pepper, asparagus, celery, broccoli, and onion.
- Toss well to coat.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over a high heat and grill the vegetables until they are tender.
- Toss the romaine and arugula in the bowl with rest of the vinaigrette and arrange it on a serving platter.
- Top with the grilled veggies and scatter the Parmesan shavings over the vegetables.
Our grilled veggie salad with herbs and parmesan makes a really good meal for vegetarians, or you can enjoy it as a side dish with your favorite kind of meat or fish. Served either hot off the grill or warm, this gives you plenty of nutrients as well as a lot of flavor. You can mix and match the vegetables if you want to use different ones. Actually pretty much anything goes as long as it is grill-able, so see what you have in the refrigerator and you can put those colorful, nutritious ingredients together to make this flavorful dish. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the warm vegetables just before serving.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)