Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad
This mouthwatering taste of Asia is so easy to make and you only need eight ingredients. The vegetables are grilled either in a grill basket or in aluminum foil. If you have a fine mesh grill rack you can use that but, if not, it is best to use one of those, so the vegetable pieces do not fall through the rack into the flames. If anyone has a gluten intolerance, you can substitute wheat-free tamari for the soy sauce.
Maybe you have tried a California blend vegetable recipe before and this recipe is very similar, in that it uses fresh vegetables and seasons them to perfection with the use of a delicious grilled vegetable marinade. This is a very healthy recipe but do not let that put you off because it is really flavorful.
Serve this delicious Thai vegetables salad recipe as an appetizer, side dish or as an entree. If you want to serve it as an entree, you could serve it with prawn crackers, boiled rice or noodles. Chilled rice and noodles are fine if the day is warm. Serve extra soy sauce as well as extra marinade, so that people can add more flavor to their own portion if they choose to.
- ½ head cauliflower
- ½ head broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 10 baby sweet corns
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- Process the salt, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and soy sauce in a food processor or small chopper until you have a smooth paste.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into big matchsticks.
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into florets and add them to a glass dish with the carrots and baby corn.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables and rub it over them so that everything is covered.
- Let the vegetables sit in the marinade for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Put the marinated veggies in a grill basket and grill them over a moderately heated grill until they are soft and slightly browned.
- This will take about 12 minutes.
- You can baste them with the marinade as they cook if you like.
- If you do not have a grill basket, you can wrap the vegetables in foil instead, so they do not slip through the grill rack.
- Let the vegetables cool in the refrigerator, then arrange them on a plate and serve with the remaining marinade on the side.
If you are a fan of California blend vegetable recipe salads, you should also enjoy this Thai flavored grilled vegetable salad. The ingredients are quite simple but the salad itself is really good. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and baby corn are marinated in a tasty garlic and spice sauce and then the salad is served chilled. This is a great option for a warm spring or summer day, when you want to offer vegetarians something colorful, tempting, and delicious. Alternatively, you can serve this grilled vegetable salad as a side dish with a meat, poultry, or fish entree.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8790 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2400 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)