One of the Nicest Grilled Vegetable Salad Summer Recipes
This grilled vegetable salad features grilled eggplant, bell pepper and onion, as well as wafer-thin slices of cucumber, garlic, fresh basil and chives, white wine vinegar and more. Use a mandoline to cut the cucumber really finely. The slices look better if you do that because they are not rigid. A mandoline is a kitchen utensil, which can finely slice carrots, cucumber and more. These utensils also come with different blades for making waffle cuts, crinkle cuts and julienne cuts.
If you enjoy making grilled vegetable salad summer recipes, you will very much enjoy the following recipe. You can either serve it warm or chilled. Obviously if you are going to serve it warm from the grill, you will need to have the dressing ready, the herbs chopped, and the cucumber sliced by the time the veggies come off the grill. This recipe for grilled vegetable salad makes a beautiful lunch or dinner and it is satisfying enough to serve alone. You can also team it with some crusty bread and butter.
Grilled vegetable salad summer recipes are ideal for vegetarians or as a side dish if you want to serve something, which looks elaborate and sophisticated but is actually very simple to put together.
- 2 halved, de-seeded red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ lbs eggplant, in ½ inch thick slices
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sweet onion, in 8 wedges
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cucumber
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Preheat the grill to moderately high and coat the grill rack with cooking spray.
- Combine the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion wedges in a bowl and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over them.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of the salt and half the black pepper over them.
- Arrange the onion and bell peppers on the grill rack.
- Grill them until they are a bit charred, then turn them over and cook the other side.
- Add the eggplant to the grill and grill one side, then the other.
- Transfer the vegetables to a platter when they are done.
- Slice the bell peppers and cut the eggplant slices into quarters.
- Cut the cucumber into really thin slices using a mandoline or vegetable peeler.
- Combine all the vegetables.
- Mix the rest of the salt with the sugar, garlic, and vinegar, then whisk in the remaining olive oil.
- Stir in the chives and basil, then pour this dressing over the vegetables and serve the salad immediately.
This colorful recipe for grilled vegetable salad is simple to prepare and the soft, juicy grilled vegetables are sweet and mouthwatering. The dressing is a combination of fresh herbs, wine vinegar and more and this salad makes a delightful lunch on a warm summer day, or a nice appetizer or side dish if you are eating al fresco. Served warm or chilled, grilled vegetable salad summer recipes like this one are popular with everybody and they are highly nutritious as well as extremely flavorful. Serve this grilled vegetable salad with bread for soaking up the tasty juices.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)