Marinated Peppers Salad
You can use raw bell peppers to make a salad or you can cook them. Grilled bell peppers are really good because they are soft and juicy. If you want to make a gourmet salad recipe, what about using grilled marinated peppers? You can get these in jars readymade but making your own is rewarding because they are so flavorful and easy. The next time you find bell peppers on sale, buy plenty and make this delicious marinated peppers recipe.
If you want to use the peppers immediately, you do not need to can them. Just keep them refrigerated in the marinade and they will keep for up to a couple of weeks. Choose firm red bell peppers for this marinated peppers recipe and make sure they are clean before you begin. You can also cook the peppers under the broiler or in the oven but grilling them on a charcoal grill gives them such a wonderful smoky aroma and flavor that it is certainly the best way to make this marinated peppers recipe.
Serve the marinated peppers as part of a salad. They go with pretty much any other salad ingredients and if you are grilling other vegetables to make a grilled vegetable salad recipe, you will find that marinated peppers will look and taste great with pretty much anything. They are also good alongside a fish or meat dish.
- 4 lbs fresh red bell peppers
- 1 cup olive oil plus extra for grilling
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 quartered cloves garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Sprigs of fresh parsley, for garnish
- 3 pint-size canning jars
- Rub some olive oil over the outside of the peppers. This helps them to blister quicker. Put them on a rack 5 inches above a hot grill and use tongs to turn them as they blacken and blister.
- When they are blackened and blistered all over, put them in a bowl, and cover it.
- The steam from the peppers will make the skins loose.
- Peel the skins off and cut the peppers in half. Take out the stems and seeds.
- Heat the vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic in a pan until the mixture reaches a boil.
- Divide the peppers between sterilized canning jars and pour the hot vinegar and lemon juice mixture over them. Make sure some of the garlic gets into each jar. Leave half an inch free and wipe the jar rims with a damp towel.
- Put the rings and sterilized lids on. If you are going to use the marinated peppers within a couple of weeks, refrigerate them now.
- If you want them to keep for longer, boil the closed jars for 15 minutes and let them cool.
- If any jar lids do not pop as they seal, you will need to use them within a couple of weeks. The ones that did pop will keep for up to a year.
- Serve these marinated peppers as they are, garnished with fresh parsley, or on a bed of salad leaves or arugula.
Marinated peppers are a wonderful addition to any salad or you can serve them by themselves as an appetizer or side dish. As you can see from the picture, these marinated peppers are brightly colored and the garlic and fresh parsley looks great with them. Grilling the peppers before marinating them brings out their juiciness and all the natural richness of flavor that they have. Bell peppers are nutritious and if you grill and marinate them, you will find that eating vegetables is a joy rather than something you do just because it is healthy. Most grilled vegetable recipes are both healthy and delicious.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8890 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3360 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3312 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3169 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2673 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2458 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2417 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2388 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2348 Views)