Grilled Pineapple Salad
Grilled pineapple tastes wonderfully juicy and looks very special with the grill marks on. This recipe for grilled pineapple uses fresh, rather than canned, pineapple because it tastes so much better. This grilled pineapple recipe features the flavors of mint and lemon and also onion, which goes very well with the pineapple flavor.
Some grilled pineapple recipes are for making pineapple desserts but this one is for making a savory grilled pineapple salad, which is great served with fish, meat or vegetarian grilled recipes. If you are serving this salad as an accompaniment to a meal, it looks good served on a large lettuce leaf, and it is nice served warm.
Making this dish is very easy. First get the grill nice and hot, and you can prepare the pineapple while the grill is heating up. The pineapple can then be grilled for 5 minutes per side, or until it is done and you can see grill marks on there. The onion will take about the same amount of time to cook through. When the onion and pineapple are both juicy, charred and hot, you can toss them with lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh mint, to add contrasting flavors. The bright citrus zing of the lemon contrasts very nicely with the sweetness of the pineapple, and also the onion because onion becomes sweeter when cooked too. If you want to make a dessert recipe rather than a savory salad, omit the onion, salt and pepper, and add some honey or sugar to the lemon juice mixture at the end, then serve it with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 red onions, sliced thickly
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Brush the pineapple and onion with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the pineapple for 5 minutes on each side, until golden grill marks appear.
- Grill the onion until soft.
- Cut the pineapple slices into quarters and chop the onions.
- Toss with lemon juice, lemon zest, and mint and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
This is a photo of ourgrilled pineapple salad featuring the added taste of onion and mint. This salad delivers a wonderful tropical flavor. Pineapple is a great fruit to do on the grill and the grill brings out its delicious natural sweetness. This can be served in a large romaine leaf, or on a bed of iceberg lettuce as an appetizer or side dish, or consider serving it as a salsa alongside grilled chicken or swordfish perhaps. Pineapple grills as well as any vegetable, and you can either thread chunks on to kabobs or cook it just as it is, like in this easy recipe.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)