Grilled Asparagus Salad
Asparagus is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as being delicious. It is usually steamed or boiled but this asparagus salad uses grilled asparagus which has grill marks on and blends it with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and some other tasty ingredients.
Asparagus is best cooked until it is tender but not soggy. Asparagus salad is quite unusual and makes a very good side dish. This grilled asparagus recipe is good served warm or cold and complements many different grilled recipes. Lemon, vinegar and seasonings finish off this tasty dish. Any asparagus lover will be delighted with this unique asparagus salad recipe.
You can serve this by itself as an appetizer or perhaps you would prefer to enjoy it as a light lunch served with buttered crusty bread on the side. Why not eat it outdoors and enjoy the sunny weather if it is nice where you are right now? We also mentioned it makes a good side dish, and that would be true if you were to present some chicken or maybe steamed or grilled fish with it. What a healthy, nutritious meal that would make, and it would also taste great. Just consider all those wonderful fresh flavors it offers. If you are looking for new ideas for asparagus, try grilling it and making it into a salad, because the texture and flavor are both amazing, and the smoke from the grill, of you are char-grilling, makes the vegetable even more mouthwatering.
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ½ oz mozzarella balls
- ½ cup grape seed tomatoes
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Cut the mozzarella balls and grape seed tomatoes in half.
- Thinly slice the fresh basil. Reduce the balsamic vinegar to ⅓ cup over a medium heat.
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and boil the spears in water for 3 minutes.
- Chill them.
- Grill them for a minute on the grill to make marks before serving.
- Combine the basil, mozzarella, tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil and serve this mixture on the asparagus.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the top.
Asparagus offers plenty of flavor in every bite, and this flavor is typical to asparagus. In fact no other vegetable tastes quite like it. Whether you like or love asparagus, this salad is sure to be a winning recipe for you. We are taking Italian ingredients such as basil, mozzarella, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar, and presenting the asparagus in a Mediterranean salad. Enjoy this for an appetizer or for your lunch, or serve it with some chicken or fish on the side as a complete entrée that everyone at the dinner table will request you make again.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8889 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3310 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3169 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2672 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2458 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2417 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2387 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2348 Views)